|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 105|
|2012 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||University of Central Florida 105|
|J.D.||Mississippi College School of Law|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
DeBar's professional experience includes working as an attorney. He served in the United States Air Force and Air Force Reserves.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, DeBar served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Compilation, Revision and Publication|
|• Judiciary B|
|• Judiciary En Banc|
|• Military Affairs|
|• Public Health and Human Services|
DeBar's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Economic Development & Job Creation:
- "Supports legislation that creates economic development in the district"
- "Supports small business growth"
- Fiscal Responsibility & Lower Taxes:
- "Will fight to decrease the state tax burden"
- "Supports responsible spending of taxpayer dollars"
- "As a business owner and operator, understands the importance of operating within a budget"
- Better Education:
- "With a large portion of the state budget funding educaiton, will work to do a better job of getting the dollars to the school level and curb overhead and administration costs. We owe it to to our children."
- Public Safety:
- "Will support providing adequate funding to law enforcement, correctional officers, firefighters, EMS personnel, and others who put their lives on the line for us each day."
On November 8, 2011, DeBar won election to District 105 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the August 2 primary and defeated Democrat Dale Kimble in the November 8 general election. 
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 105 General Election, 2011|
|Independent||Latricia Ann Cornelson||8.7%||725|
In 2011, DeBar received $55,063 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dennis DeBar's campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi Republican Party||$20,847|
|Mississippi House Republican Conference||$7,000|
|Mississippi Forward Pac||$2,000|
|Mississippi Bankers Association||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$55,063|
|Total Votes received in 2011||4,160|
|Cost of each vote received||$13.24|
In 2011, DeBar's endorsements included the Mississippi Tea Party. The 105th is one of 10 districts the Tea Party’s Move the House Committee specifically targeted as necessary to win in order to gain conservative control of the House.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Dennis + DeBar + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
J. Shaun Walley
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 105
2012 – Present
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |