|South Dakota House District 1|
|2009 - Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||5|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|High school||Leola, South Dakota, 1966|
|Place of birth||Aberdeen, SD|
Feickert received his high school diploma from Leola, South Dakota in 1966.
Feickert was an Ambulance Attendant for the Aberdeen City Fire Department from 1969 to 1995. He also worked as a farmer/rancher in Aberdeen, South Dakota from 1967 to 2008. From 1971 to 2008, he worked for Custon Hay Hauling/Feickert Hay Moving.
Feickert served as Brown County Commissioner from 1987 to 2008.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Feickert served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Feickert served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Local Government|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Feickert served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Local Government|
Elections for the office of South Dakota House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Incumbent Dennis Feickert and Steven McCleerey defeated Dustina Gill in the Democratic primary. Feickert and McCleerey were unopposed in the general election.
|South Dakota House of Representatives, District 1 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Dennis Feickert Incumbent||42.5%||1,638|
Feickert won election in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 1. Feickert and incumbent Susan Wismer ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Feickert and Wismer ran unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. Incumbent David Sigdestad (D) did not run for re-election.
Dennis Feickert ran for re-election to one of two seats in District 3 of the South Dakota House of Representatives. Also running were fellow incumbent David Novstrup (R), Tim Even (D) and Isaac Latterell (R). Dennis Feickert (R) and David Novstrup (D) won election in the November 2 general election.
|South Dakota State House, District 3 (2010)|
|David Novstrup (R)||4,562||28.52%|
|Dennis Feickert (D)||4,355||27.23%|
|Isaac Latterell (R)||4,172||26.08%|
|Tim Even (D)||2,907||18.17%|
Comprehensive donor information for Dennis Feickert is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Dennis Feickert raised a total of $31,565 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 26, 2013.
|Dennis Feickert's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 1||$750|
|2010||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 3||$12,653|
|2008||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 3||$18,162|
|Grand Total Raised||$31,565|
2012Dennis Feickert won re-election to the South Dakota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Dennis Feickert raised a total of $750.
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dennis Feickert's campaign in 2012|
|SD Retailers Assoc Pac||$150|
|SD Soy Pac||$150|
|South Dakota Chiropractors Association||$100|
|SD Ethanol Producers Pac||$100|
|SD Pork Producers||$100|
|Total Raised in 2012||$750|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Feickert received $12,653 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below:
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dennis Feickert's campaign in 2010|
|Laborers Union South Dakota GPLDC PAC||$1,000|
|South Dakota Association of Realtors||$500|
|South Dakota Education Association||$500|
|Brown County Democratic Party||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$12,653|
In 2008, Feickert collected $18,162 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|South Dakota Education Association||$1,000|
|Roger and Cathy Feickert||$500|
|21st Century Democrats PAC||$500|
|Brown County Democratic Party||$400|
Feickert and his wife, Rae, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Dennis + Feickert + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota House of Representatives
- South Dakota House Committees
- South Dakota Joint Committees
- South Dakota House of Representatives District 1
- South Dakota House of Representatives - Rep. Dennis Feickert
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current Candidates for Primary Election," May 2, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Primary Election - Official Results," accessed June 4, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official General Election Results - November 4, 2014," accessed November 12, 2014
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," accessed April 9, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official list of state candidates, 2010," accessed March 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Feickert, Dennis," accessed September 26, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions to Dennis Feickert," accessed March 10, 2014
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 3
| Succeeded by|