Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Iowa State Senate District 4|
|Bachelor's||Iowa State University|
Guth attended Iowa State University, receiving a Bachelor's degree in Agricultural Mechanization.
Guth's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- "Stop and reverse federal encroachment on Iowa’s sovereignty and state’s rights."
- "Defend Iowa’s “English Only” law; and promote laws which prohibit illegal aliens from employment and state benefits."
- "Reduce the power and scope of unelected bureaucracies."
- "Restore the right of parents to direct their children’s education, and Keep control of schools with the local school board, not with state or federal agencies."
- "Defend Iowa’s “Right to Work” law."
- "Defend Iowans from excessive, unjustified and punitive taxation."
- "Restore and defend the right to life of all innocent persons, from fertilization to natural death."
- "Restore our right to keep and bear arms and Defend against any infringement on the right to keep and bear arms."
- "Restore traditional marriage by calling for a constitutional amendment which defines marriage as a union between one man and one woman."
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
Guth is running in the 2012 election for Iowa State Senate District 4. He defeated James E. Black in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012 and will face Bob Jennings (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa State Senate, District 4 Republican Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Dennis + Guth + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Dennis Guth on Facebook