|Idaho House of Representatives District 28A|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Lake graduated with his Bachelor's degree from Brigham Young University in 1959.
Lake is a retired cattle rancher
Lake serves on these committees:
- Agricultural Affairs
- Commerce and Human Resources
- Millennium Fund Committee, Idaho Legislature (Co-Chair)
- Revenue and Taxation (Chair)
Lake sits as the Chair of the House Revenue and Taxation Committee. In November 2010, Lake said he would allow a hearing for a bill that would increase the tax on cigarettes in Idaho up to $1.50.
Lake said he sees the bills less as a way to to raise revenue for state programs and more as a tool to help combat smoking in Idaho.
At the time Lake made these announcements, the cigarette tax sat at 57 cents per pack, the eighth-lowest in the nation. While Lake realizes that a boost in the tax will mean additional money for the state, he says that he is more concerned with promoting health and discouraging smoking than raising additional tax dollars.
“That’s why they are bringing the bill,” said Lake, referring to groups backing the bill. ”What do they care about revenues? They are more interested in helping people.”
Internet sales tax
Lake on Internet sales
Lake said in late 2010 that he thinks the House Revenue and Taxation Committee could take steps to collect sales tax revenues on Internet sales. Idaho has considered joining the Streamlined Sales Tax Compact, a multi-state effort to simplify taxes in order to collect sales taxes on purchases from companies outside the state.
In 2009, the Idaho Senate passed the plan, before it stalled in the House. Lake said he think it would fare better this year.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 28A (2010)|
|Dennis Lake (R)||7,487||68.7%|
|Marlene F. Shurtz (D)||3,411||31.3%|
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 28A (2008)|
|Dennis Lake (R)||11,379|
In 2008, Lake raised $8,713.
Listed below are those who contributed the most to his campaign. 
|Idaho Association of Realtors||$1,500|
Lake represents seat A in Idaho House District 28. House District 28 includes includes all of Jerome and Minidoka Counties.
Dennis is married to Luann Lake. They have four children and reside in Blackfoot, Idaho.
- Idaho House of Representatives Members
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998, 1996
- "Tax chairman Lake says ‘sin tax’ increase is about preventing smoking, not raising revenue," Idaho Reporter, December 1st, 2010
- Idaho Secretary of State - 2010 General election results
- Idaho House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- 2008 contributors to Lake
- "Idaho Legislature" 2009 Legislative Directory, July 22, 2009(See page 2)
|Idaho House District 28A
| Succeeded by|