|U.S. Senate, Montana|
|High school||Chinook High School|
|Place of birth||Havre, MT|
Teske was born in Havre and spent much of his childhood moving around Montana while his father worked in the oil business. Teske has worked in many jobs, including the oil business and running a trucking business in Chinook in conjunction with Bert Tilleman’s implement dealership, and owning businesses in Montana, Wyoming and Washington including convenience stores in Seattle. 
Teske ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. Senate, representing Montana. He was seeking the nomination on the Republican ticket. He was defeated by Rep. Denny Rehberg in the June 5, 2012 primary.
The University of Virginia's Center for Politics published an article called Sabato's Crystal Ball on March 22, 2012 detailing the 8 races in the Senate in 2012 that will decide the political fate of which party will end up with control in 2013. The seat rated a a toss-up that the Sabato's Crystal Ball believes is most likely to change hands is the Senate seat in Montana. The article notes that incumbent Jon Tester is a slight underdog against challenger Denny Rehberg.
|U.S. Senate-Montana Republican Primary, 2012|
Teske has been married to his high school sweetheart for 41 years. He has three children and nine grandchildren.
- Official Campaign Site
- Official Facebook
- Havre Daily News article about Teske's challenge
- KULR8 article about race
- Montana Secretary of State "Elections Results" Accessed June 5, 2012
- Havre Daily News "Dennis Teske challenges Rehberg in Senate primary" April 26, 2012
- Billings Gazette "Political unknown drops into U.S. Senate race" Accessed February 4, 2011
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Center for Politics "Tilting the Toss Ups – the Eight Races That Will Decide the Senate" Accessed April 9, 2012
- Montana Secretary of State "2012 Primary Results"
- Official Campaign Site Accessed February 4, 2012