|U.S. House, Washington, District 10|
|January 3, 2013-Present|
|January 3, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Evergreen State College|
|Birthday||July 29, 1952|
|Place of birth||Vancouver, Canada|
Heck is a small business owner. He co-founded TVW and won a Emmy for a documentary he wrote and produced. He previously served in the State House of Representatives in the 1980s and served as Majority Leader until 1986. He also served as Chief of Staff to Gov. Booth Gardner.
Heck serves on the following committees:
- United States House Committee on Financial Services
- Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit
- Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
Heck listed some of his platform on his website:
- Social Security and Medicare
In the past few years we’ve seen a renewed effort by Republicans in Congress to dismantle Medicare and privatize Social Security. These vital programs have provided necessary medical assistance for millions of American seniors and have lifted millions more out of poverty. Congress needs to come up with ways of fixing these programs that don’t involve stripping seniors of benefits or coverage. 
- Congress needs to ensure that TRICARE and the VA provide the highest quality medical care in the world to veterans, servicemembers and their families. Congress also needs to make sure our veterans get the education, job opportunities, benefits and mental healthcare necessary to help them all make the transition back into civilian life.
Heck won the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Washington's 10th District. Heck and Richard Muri advanced past the blanket primary and faced off in the general election on November 6,2012.
The 10th district was added in 2012 as a result of the 2010 Census findings. The new district is seen as favorable to Democrats.
|U.S. House, Washington District 10 General Election, 2012|
|Source: Washington Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House of Representatives General Election, Washington, Congressional District 3, 2010|
Comprehensive donor information for Heck is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Heck raised a total of $2,053,754 during that time period. This information was last updated on April 5, 2013.
|Denny Heck's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||US House (Washington, District 10)||$2,053,754|
|Grand Total Raised||$2,053,754|
Heck won re-election to the U.S. House in 2012. During that re-election cycle, Heck's campaign committee raised a total of $2,053,754 and spent $2,018,842.
|U.S. House of Representatives, Washington, 10th District, 2012 - Denny Heck Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Runner-up||$257,425|
|Total Spent by Election Runner-up||$256,741|
|Top contributors to Denny Heck's campaign committee|
|State of Washington||$28,660|
|Democratic Congressional Campaign Cmte||$18,500|
|New Democrat Coalition||$13,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Public Sector Unions||$71,500|
Lifetime voting record
According to the website GovTrack, Heck missed 0 of 96 roll call votes from January 2013 to April 2013. This amounts to 0.0%, which is better than the median of 2.2% among current congressional representatives as of April 2013.
Based on congressional financial disclosure forms and calculations made available by OpenSecrets.org - The Center for Responsive Politics, Heck's net worth as of 2011 was estimated between $4,219,067 and $9,435,000. That averages to $6,827,033, which is higher than the average net worth of Democratic Representatives in 2011 of $5,107,874.
Heck is married with two sons.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Denny + Heck + Washington + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Denny+Heck+Washington+House&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Denny Heck News Feed
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Works by or about:
- Media coverage:
- CNN "Washington Districts Race - 2012 Election Center"
- Campaign website
- CQ.com, House Committee Rosters for the 113th Congress
- Campaign website "Seniors"
- Campaign website "Military"
- AP Primary Results
- Politico "Washington redistricting plan a small win for Democrats," December 28, 2011
- Our Campaigns, "WA District 10 - Open Primary," accessed May 30, 2013
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- Open Secrets "Career Fundraising for Denny Heck," Accessed April 5, 2013
- Open Secrets "Heck Campaign Contributions," Accessed February 26, 2013
- GovTrack, "Denny Heck," Accessed April 11, 2013
- OpenSecrets.org, "Heck (D-Washington), 2011"
|U.S. House of Representatives - Washington, 10th District
| Succeeded by|