For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 54B|
|2003 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 5, 2002|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Minnesota|
|Date of birth||September 29, 1952|
McNamara earned his BS in Business Administration from the Carlson School of Business at the University of Minnesota.
He is a landscape contractor with Hoffman and McNamara Nursery and Landscape. McNamara is married and has 2 children.
McNamara's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Denny also realizes that any tax increase would likely cause more businesses to close or lay off more employees, which is why he's opposed more than $4 billion in proposed tax hikes at the State Capitol over the past two years."
Economy And Government Spending
- Excerpt:"For the past ten years, Denny has fought to prioritize state government spending and opposed outlandish tax increase proposals. With a state budget deficit looming, you can bet there will be an outcry from many lawmakers next year to raise taxes in order to increase government spending. And when that happens, you can count on Denny to shoot them down."
- Excerpt:"Conserving our natural resources is about providing long-term protection of our environment. Denny will continue to promote conservation efforts and find new ways to keep our water, air, and land clean."
- Excerpt:"Denny believes every child deserves a quality education focused on the basics of reading, writing, science and math. He also understands that a student is a student no matter where they live, which is why he has also worked toward providing our schools with equal funding with those in the inner cities."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, McNamara served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Environment and Natural Resources Policy|
|• Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture Finance|
|• Ways and Means|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, McNamara served on these committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Environment, Energy and Natural Resources Policy and Finance, Chair|
|• Rules and Legislative Administration|
|• Ways and Means|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, McNamara served on these committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Environment Policy and Oversight|
|• Ways and Means|
McNamara won re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 54B. He was unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Joanna Bayers (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 54B, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Denny McNamara Incumbent||57.5%||12,493|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 57B (2010)|
|David Page (DFL)||5,726||34.44%|
|Denny McNamara (R)||10,885||65,47%|
Denny McNamara raised $57,069 for his campaign.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 57B (2008)|
|Denny McNamara (R)||13,102||57.19%|
|Rod Van Vleet (DFL)||9,770||42.65%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, McNamara received $43,431 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Denny McNamara's campaign in 2010|
|Avent, Sharon Lee||$500|
|Poepl, Marp P||$250|
|Total Raised in 2010||$43,431|
Listed below is the largest contributor to Denny McNamara's 2008 campaign.
- Denny McNamara's personal website
- Minnesota House of Representatives - Rep. Denny McNamara
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2004, 2002
- Denny McNamara on LinkedIn
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. McNamara
- "dennymcnamara," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," Accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Minnesota Secretary of State – 2010 General Election Results
- 2008 General Election Results
- Follow the Money's report on McNamara's 2008 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
Bev Scalze (DFL)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 54B
| Succeeded by|
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 57B
| Succeeded by|
Anna Wills (R)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |