Difference between revisions of "Denver Public Schools, Colorado"
|Line 53:||Line 53:|
Revision as of 17:33, 10 January 2014
About the districtDenver County, Colorado. According to the 2010 US Census, Denver is home to 600,158 residents.
Denver outperformed the rest of Colorado in higher education achievement while lagging behind state rates for median income and poverty in 2010. The average household income in Denver was $47,499 compared to $57,685 for the state of Colorado. The poverty rate in Denver was 18.8% compared to 12.5% for the entire state. The U.S. Census also found that 41.3% of Denver residents aged 25 years and older earned a bachelor's degree compared to 36.3% in Colorado.
The current Superintendent of Denver Public Schools is Tom Boasberg. He has served in the position since his appointment in 2009. Boasberg previously worked as an executive with Level 3 Communications.
Denver Public Schools publishes its annual budget on its website.
|Expenditures by Category|
|School Year||Staff Expenses||Student Services||Operational Expenses||Debt Service||Other||Budget Total|
|Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget|
|Transparency grading process|
This website was most recently evaluated on 12 Feb 2012.
- The school district explains how tax revenues are allocated, and at what rate citizens are taxed. 
- Budgets are available from 2009. Audits are available on the same page. 
- School Board meetings are accessible on the school's website. 
- Names and contact information are available for all school board members except the president. 
- Superintendent name and contact information are posted. 
- Information on how to make CORA requests is available. 
- Reports for national  and state wide progress reports are
made available online.
- Forms used in background checks appear online. 
- Contracts and bids over $10,000 are not listed. However, information on how to obtain a contract with the district is prevalent. 
- Denver Public Schools
- City of Denver
- Colorado Department of Education
- Colorado Association of School Boards
- Denver Classroom Teachers Association
- U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Denver, Accessed October 29, 2013
- Colorado Secretary of State, “Voter Registration Numbers,” Accessed October 29, 2013
- Denver Post, "Tom Boasberg, Denver school leader, has a lot riding on board election results," August 30, 2013
- Denver Public Schools, "Adopted Budget Book FY2013-2014," Accessed November 27, 2013
- Community Guide to Understanding the Denver Schools Budget. May 2005, (PDF) Accessed 14 November 2011].
- Denver Schools -- budget and finance
- Denver Public Schools -- Board Docs
- Denver Public Schools -- Board
- Denver Public Schools -- Superintendent
- Denver Public Schools -- Public Records
- [http://testing.dpsk12.org/ayp.htm Denver Public Schools -- AYP
- [http://testing.dpsk12.org/reseach_eval/reports/test_results/CSAP/test_results.htm Denver Public Schools -- CSAP results
- Request for Criminal History. (PDF) Accessed 14Nov 2011
- [http://purchasing.dpsk12.org/ Denver Public Schools -- Purchasing