|Washington State Senate District 26|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Washington State House of Representatives|
|Master's||University of Oxford|
|Ph.D.||University of Oxford|
|Date of birth||January 1, 1974|
|Place of birth||Olympic Peninsula, WA|
|Profession||Vice President, Economic Development Board, Tacoma-Pierce County|
Kilmer earned his certificate in American Studies from Princeton University. He went on to earn his BA in Public Affairs from Princeton. He then received his MA in Economic Development Policy followed by his PhD in Comparative Social Policy from the University of Oxford.
Kilmer is a former business consultant for McKinsey and Company. He currently works as a business retention manager for the Economic Development Board for Tacoma-Pierce County.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kilmer has been appointed to the following committees:
- Economic Development, Trade & Innovation Committee, Washington State Senate
- Higher Education & Workforce Development Committee, Washington State Senate
- Ways and Means Committee, Washington State Senate, Vice Chair, Capital Budget Chair
- See also: Washington State Senate elections, 2010
Derek Kilmer ran for re-election to the Washington State Senate District 26. He ran unopposed in the primary on August 17, 2010. He defeated Marty McClendon (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Washington State Senate, District 26 General Election (2010)|
|Derek Kilmer (D)||33,090||58.81%|
|Marty McClendon (R)||23,179||41.19%|
|Washington State Senate, District 26 Democratic Primary (2010)|
|Derek Kilmer (D)||18,949||55.92%|
|Marty McClendon (R)||12,696||37.47%|
In November 2006, Kilmer was re-elected for the 26th District of the Washington State Senate receiving 28,341 votes.
Kilmer raised $483,055 for his campaign.
|Washington State Senate, District 26 (2006)|
|Derek Kilmer (D)||28,341|
|James Hines (R)||18,924|
In 2006, Kilmer collected $483,055 in donations.
Listed below are the top four contributors to his campaign. 
|Washington State Democratic Party||$50,966|
|Senate Democratic Campaign CMTE||$43,875|
|26th District Democrats||$24,000|
|Friends of Derek Kilmer 2006||$21,354|
Derek and his wife Jennifer live in Gig Harbor with their daughter.
- General election results, 2010
- Derek Kilmer on the Washington State Senate website
- Kilmer state-sponsored website
- Legislative profile of Kilmer on Project Vote Smart
- Biographical profile of Kilmer on Project Vote Smart
- Biography of Derek Kilmer provided by the Senate Democratic Campaign Committee
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Campaign website
- Washington Votes profile of Kilmer
|Washington Senate District 26
| Succeeded by|