|North Carolina House of Representatives District 20|
|1993 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
Hill served in the United States Navy from 1943 to 1945. He is a corporation president. He and his wife, Muriel, have two children.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hill served on the following committees:
- Agriculture Committee, North Carolina House of Representatives, Vice Chair
- Commerce and Job Development Committee, North Carolina House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Business and Labor
- Environment Committee, North Carolina House of Representatives
- Finance Committee, North Carolina House of Representatives
- Rules, Calendar, and Operations of the House Committee, North Carolina House of Representatives
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hill served on the following committees:
- Agriculture Committee, North Carolina House
- Finance Committee, North Carolina House
- Rules, Calendar, and Operations of the House Committee, North Carolina House
- Transportation Committee, North Carolina House
- Ways and Means/Broadband Connectivity Committee, North Carolina House
Hill did not run for re-election in 2012.
On November 2, 2010 Hill won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives, defeating Tristan Patterson in the general election on November 2, 2010. Hill also defeated Kennith Waddell in the May 4 Democratic primary election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, General Election Results, District 20 (2010)|
|Dewey Hill (D)||11,042||53.24%|
|Tristan Patterson (R)||9,698||46.76%|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 20|
|Dewey Hill (D)||22,687|
In 2010, a year in which Hill was up for re-election, he collected $112,620 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dewey Hill's campaign in 2010|
|North Carolina Democratic Party||$16,517|
|North Carolina Association Of Realtors||$3,000|
|North Carolina Association Of Electric Cooperatives||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$112,620|
In 2008, Hill collected $46,972 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2008.
|HILL, DEWEY L||$12,000|
|NORTH CAROLINA FARM BUREAU||$5,000|
|CITIZENS FOR HIGHER EDUCATION||$2,000|
- North Carolina House of Representative - Rep. Dewey Hill
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2000
- Representative Hill's LinkedIn
|North Carolina House - District 20
| Succeeded by|
Rick Catlin (R)
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |