|Texas State House, District 94|
|2007 - Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Patrick is a Professor at Texas Christian University. She previously worked as a Clinical Associate Professor in the College of Education at University of Texas at Arlington, Consultant/School Board Trainer for Region Education Service Center IV, Consultant/Community Liaison for Arlington School District, and Director of Adult Program Services for CPC Millwood Hospital.
Patrick is Vice President of the Arlington Independent School District Educational Foundation Board, member of the Junior League of Arlington, Women's Policy Forum of Tarrant County, and served on the Board of the Arlington Museum of Art, and Children's Advocacy Network.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Patrick served on the following committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Higher Education, Vice-chair|
|• Rules & Resolutions|
Patrick served on the following Texas House of Representatives committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Higher Education|
- HB 130 - Relating to an enhanced quality full-day prekindergarten program provided by public school districts in conjunction with community providers.
- HB 1563 - Relating to the number of charters the State Board of Education may grant for open-enrollment charter schools.
- HB 2261 - Relating to establishing a select committee to review the manner in which textbooks for use in public schools are funded, adopted, and purchased.
- HB 2632 - Relating to a demonstration project to reduce social isolation among the elderly.
Patrick won re-election in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 94. Patrick defeated Trina Lanza in the May 29 primary election and defeated David Eyerly (L) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 94, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Diane Patrick Incumbent||82.2%||42,208|
|Texas House of Representatives District 94 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Diane Patrick Incumbent||74.7%||7,310|
| Texas House of Representatives, District 94 |
2010 General election results
|Diane Patrick (R)||24,565||84.52%|
|Richard Cross (L)||2,897||9.96%|
On November 4, 2008, Patrick won re-election to the Texas House of Representatives from Texas's 94th District, defeating Geoffrey Adams (L). Patrick received 39,915 votes in the election while Adams received 7,147 votes. Patrick raised $117,592 for her campaign.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 94|
|Diane Patrick (R)||39,915||84.81%|
|Geoffrey Adams (L)||7,147||15.18%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Patrick raised a total of $120,862 in 2010. Below are Patrick's's top 4 campaign contributors in the 2010 election:
|Butt, Charles C.||$5,000|
Below are Patrick's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Charles C Butt||$7,500|
|Texas Dental Assoc||$3,000|
Empower Texans Fiscal Responsibility Index
Empower Texans produces the Fiscal Responsibility Index as "a measurement of how lawmakers perform on size and role of government issues." The index uses "exemplar votes on core budget and free enterprise issues that demonstrate legislators' governing philosophy." Legislators are graded along a standard grading scale, receiving grades A through F based on their performance during the legislative session.
Diane Patrick received a grade of D on the 2011 Fiscal Responsibility Index.
- Diane Patrick's campaign website
- Texas House of Representatives - Rep. Patrick
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Freedom Speaks profile
- Texas State Directory profile
- Texas Political Almanac HD 94 page
- Texas Tribune profile & bio
- Vote-TX.org profile
- State Surge profile
- Texas Conservative Coalition profile
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Patrick
- Texas Legislature - Bills Authored/Joint Authored by Rep. Patrick
- Texas GOP list of candidates for 2012 Elections
- Texas Secretary of State - 2012 Election and Candidate Information
- Official Texas Election Results
- Texas House official election results for 2008
- District 94 Texas House candidate funds, 2008
- Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- Empower Texans, "Fiscal Responsibility Index"
|Texas House District 94
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |