|Iowa State Senate District 16|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||20|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|High school||Des Moines East High School, 1957|
|Service/branch||Iowa National Guard|
|Years of service||1956-1962|
|Date of birth||June 3, 1938|
|Place of birth||Des Moines, IA|
|Profession||Job Developer, 5th Judicial District|
Dearden received his diploma from Des Moines East High School in 1957.
Dearden was a Representative for Almalgated Meat Cutters. He has also worked as Supervisor for AMF Lawn and Garden. He served in the Iowa National Guard from 1956 to 1962. He has been a Job Developer for the 5th Judicial District since 1986.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Dearden served on these committees:
- Labor and Business Relations
- Natural Resources & Environment Chair
- Rules and Administration
- State Government
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Dearden served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Ethics Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Labor and Business Relations Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Natural Resources Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Rules and Administration Committee, Iowa State Senate
- State Government Committee, Iowa State Senate
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
Dearden ran for re-election to the Iowa State Senate in 2012. Due to redistricting, he ran in District 16. Dearden ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012 and defeated David Scott Edwards in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa State Senate, District 16, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Dick Dearden Incumbent||65.5%||16,065|
|Republican||David Scott Edwards||34.5%||8,469|
On November 4, 2008, Dearden was re-elected to the 34th District Seat in the Iowa State Senate, defeating Scott Strosahl (R). Dearden raised $26,705 for his campaign, while Strosahl raised $4,995. 
|Iowa State Senate, District 34 (2008)|
|Dick Dearden (D)||17,705|
|Scott Strosahl (R)||9,615|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2008 Dearden collected $26,705 in donations.
Four of his largest contributors were:
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$3,500|
|Chesley, Stanley M.||$2,000|
|Laborers Local 353||$1,000|
|Iowa Motor Truck Association||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Dick + Dearden + Iowa + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Dearden and his wife, Sharon, have three children.
- Sen. Dearden's Senate Website
- Official Iowa State Senate website of Dick Dearden
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
Tom Hancock (D)
|Iowa State Senate District 16
| Succeeded by|
|Iowa State Senate District 34
| Succeeded by|
Liz Mathis (D)