For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Iowa State Senate District 34|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Dearden received his diploma from Des Moines East High School in 1957.
Dearden was a Representative for Almalgated Meat Cutters. He has also worked as Supervisor for AMF Lawn and Garden. He served in the Iowa National Guard from 1956 to 1962. He has been a Job Developer for the 5th Judicial District since 1986.
- Appropriations Committee, Iowa Senate
- Ethics Committee, Iowa Senate
- Labor and Business Relations Committee, Iowa Senate
- Natural Resources Committee, Iowa Senate
- Rules and Administration Committee, Iowa Senate
- State Government Committee, Iowa Senate
On November 4, 2008, Dearden was re-elected to the 34th District Seat in the Iowa State Senate, defeating Scott Strosahl (R). Dearden raised $26,705 for his campaign, while Strosahl raised $4,995. 
|Iowa State Senate, District 34 (2008)|
|Dick Dearden (D)||17,705|
|Scott Strosahl (R)||9,615|
In 2008 Dearden collected $26,705 in donations.
Four of his largest contributors were:
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$3,500|
|Chesley, Stanley M.||$2,000|
|Laborers Local 353||$1,000|
|Iowa Motor Truck Association||$1,000|
Dearden and his wife, Sharon, have three children.
- Official Iowa State Senate website of Dick Dearden
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998