|Iowa State Senate District 34|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Dearden received his diploma from Des Moines East High School in 1957.
Dearden was a Representative for Almalgated Meat Cutters. He has also worked as Supervisor for AMF Lawn and Garden. He served in the Iowa National Guard from 1956 to 1962. He has been a Job Developer for the 5th Judicial District since 1986.
- Appropriations Committee, Iowa Senate
- Ethics Committee, Iowa Senate
- Labor and Business Relations Committee, Iowa Senate
- Natural Resources Committee, Iowa Senate
- Rules and Administration Committee, Iowa Senate
- State Government Committee, Iowa Senate
On November 4, 2008, Dearden was re-elected to the 34th District Seat in the Iowa State Senate, defeating Scott Strosahl (R). Dearden raised $26,705 for his campaign, while Strosahl raised $4,995. 
|Iowa State Senate, District 34 (2008)|
|Dick Dearden (D)||17,705|
|Scott Strosahl (R)||9,615|
In 2008 Dearden collected $26,705 in donations.
Four of his largest contributors were:
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$3,500|
|Chesley, Stanley M.||$2,000|
|Laborers Local 353||$1,000|
|Iowa Motor Truck Association||$1,000|
Dearden and his wife, Sharon, have three children.
- Official Iowa State Senate website of Dick Dearden
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|Iowa Senate District 34
| Succeeded by|