Don Al Middlebrook
|Don Al Middlebrook|
|U.S. House, Texas, District 27|
|Bachelor's||Southwestern University, 1990|
|Master's||Regent University-Virginia Beach, 1993|
|Date of birth||November 16, 1966|
Middlebrook's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Our Founding Principles and the 10th Amendment
- Excerpt: "The U.S. Constitution is the foundation of our country. It provides for a federal government that is by the people and for the people to protect their God given rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Just like a home's foundation, everything that is built thereon is subject to the integrity of that foundation."
- Limited Government and Repealing Obamacare
- Excerpt: "The U.S. government by the people for the people has grown to the extent that according to the bureau of labor statistics in 2007 the ratio of non-government to government workers had grown to an astounding level of 10:1."
- Job Creation
- Excerpt: "Over 80% of Americans are employed by our small businesses. Our antiquated tax code and mind-boggling federal regulations create a burden on these businesses and stifle job growth in America. We can immediately stimulate job growth in our small businesses and family farms and ranches by lifting excessive regulatory burdens like the Dodd Frank Act and ending the unfair and unproductive death tax"
- Value Life
- Excerpt: "Abortion is the number one cause of death in America. The annual number of deaths to the unborn in this nation exceeds the combined total of the CDC’s top two leading cause of deaths of heart disease and cancer."
- Illegal Immigration
- Excerpt: "Immigration laws have a purpose, to protect the sovereignty and safety of our nation. The current laws are failing us and immigrants that want to be a productive part of America."
|U.S. House, Texas District 27 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Blake Farenthold Incumbent||70.8%||28,058|
|Don Al Middlebrook||9.3%||3,676|
Middlebrook has a wife, Karen.
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |