For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Difference between revisions of "Don Dezarn"
m (Text replace - ". <ref " to ".<ref ")
m (Text replace - " <ref>[http://d" to "<ref>[http://d")
|Line 57:||Line 57:|
Dezarn is the senior operations manager for Princeton University. He has served with the U.S. Navy and is a veteran of Operation Enduring Freedom. <ref>[http://dezarn2013.com/meet-don/ “Don DeZarn 2013,” “Meet Don,” retrieved September 3, 2013]</ref>
Dezarn is the senior operations manager for Princeton University. He has served with the U.S. Navy and is a veteran of Operation Enduring Freedom.<ref>[http://dezarn2013.com/meet-don/ “Don DeZarn 2013,” “Meet Don,” retrieved September 3, 2013]</ref>
Revision as of 18:16, 10 March 2014
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Jersey Senate, District 14|
Dezarn is the senior operations manager for Princeton University. He has served with the U.S. Navy and is a veteran of Operation Enduring Freedom.
- Protect individual rights
- Excerpt: "I promise to be a strong and outspoken supporter of the fight to put an immediate end to the constant encroachment on our individual constitutional rights."
- End corporate welfare
- Excerpt: "Our state tries to substitute its wisdom for that of the free market by offering incentives to lure big companies to New Jersey. Not only is this bad economics, it is also a slap in the face of all of our small business owners who must compete with the tax subsidized big boys."
- Get out of the way of job creation
- Excerpt: "We need to start moving New Jersey forward by reducing taxes and eliminating burdensome regulations and bureaucracy that stifle entrepreneurship."
- Empower parents to educate their children
- Excerpt: " I will fight to free parents from the grip of the government educational monopoly."
- End modern day prohibition
- Excerpt: "We can save hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars by ending the prohibition of marijuana. And we can in fact bring in much needed millions by fully legalizing, taxing and regulating the sale of marijuana in New Jersey."
In an article on Nj.com, Dezarn addresses legalizing marijuana and property taxes.
- Property taxes
- Excerpt:"Dezarn has called for a property tax freeze as a solution for residents who feel financially overburdened. He said that expecting passage of a property tax cut is unrealistic, and would rely on a 'miraculous turnaround of the economy,' but argued a freeze would force municipalities to adapt."
- Legalizing Marijuana
- Excerpt: On the issues, Dezarn stated, "that the state could realize $200 million in savings by ending the arrests, prosecution and incarceration of marijuana users."
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
|New Jersey State Senate, District 14 General Election, 2013|
|Democratic||Linda Greenstein Incumbent||50.4%||31,387|
|Republican||Peter A. Inverso||48%||29,903|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Don + Dezarn + New + Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Project Vote Smart biography of Don Dezarn
- Campaign website
- Facebook page
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official general election candidates," September 9, 2013
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- “Don DeZarn 2013,” “Meet Don,” retrieved September 3, 2013
- Don DeZarn 2013, “Issues," retrieved September 3, 2013
- nj.com, “State Senate candidates in the 14th spend freely as they debate ways to revamp tax policy,” accessed October 28, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 5, 2013