Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Jersey Senate, District 14|
Dezarn is the senior operations manager for Princeton University. He has served with the U.S. Navy and is a veteran of Operation Enduring Freedom. 
- Protect individual rights
- Excerpt: "I promise to be a strong and outspoken supporter of the fight to put an immediate end to the constant encroachment on our individual constitutional rights."
- End corporate welfare
- Excerpt: "Our state tries to substitute its wisdom for that of the free market by offering incentives to lure big companies to New Jersey. Not only is this bad economics, it is also a slap in the face of all of our small business owners who must compete with the tax subsidized big boys."
- Get out of the way of job creation
- Excerpt: "We need to start moving New Jersey forward by reducing taxes and eliminating burdensome regulations and bureaucracy that stifle entrepreneurship."
- Empower parents to educate their children
- Excerpt: " I will fight to free parents from the grip of the government educational monopoly."
- End modern day prohibition
- Excerpt: "We can save hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars by ending the prohibition of marijuana. And we can in fact bring in much needed millions by fully legalizing, taxing and regulating the sale of marijuana in New Jersey."
In an article on Nj.com, Dezarn called for "a property tax freeze as a solution for residents who feel financially overburdened. He said that expecting passage of a property tax cut is unrealistic, and would rely on a 'miraculous turnaround of the economy,' but argued a freeze would force municipalities to adapt." Another major point of Dezarn's campaign is legalizing marijuana. On the issues, Dezarn stated, "that the state could realize $200 million in savings by ending the arrests, prosecution and incarceration of marijuana users."
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
Dezarn ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey State Senate District 14. He is challenged by incumbent Linda Greenstein (D) and Peter Inverso (R) in the general election which takes place on November 5, 2013.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Don + Dezarn + New + Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Project Vote Smart biography of Don Dezarn
- Campaign website
- Facebook page
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- New Jersey Department of State, "Unofficial general election candidates," Accessed August 5, 2013
- “Don DeZarn 2013,” “Meet Don,” retrieved September 3, 2013
- Don DeZarn 2013, “Issues," retrieved September 3, 2013
- nj.com, “State Senate candidates in the 14th spend freely as they debate ways to revamp tax policy,” accessed October 28, 2013