|Illinois State Senate District 39|
|2003 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||11|
|President Pro Tempore|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Master's||University of Chicago|
|J.D.||University of Chicago|
|Place of birth||Oak Park, Illinois|
Harmon graduated from Knox College with his Bachelor's degree and later graduated with his Master's in Business Administration and Juris Doctor degrees from the University of Chicago. Harmon is a practicing Attorney in addition to being a Senator.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Harmon served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Committee of the Whole|
|• Executive, Chairperson|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Harmon served on these committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Assignments, Vice Chair|
|• Committee of the Whole|
|• Executive, Chair|
|• Administrative Rules|
- Subcommittee on Constitutional Amendments, Chair
- Subcommittee on Election Law, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on State Government Operations, Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Harmon served on these committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Executive Appointments|
|• Judiciary, Vice-Chairman|
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Harmon won re-election to the Illinois State Senate in District 39 in the 2012 election. Harmon was unopposed in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012 and was unopposed in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 39, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Don Harmon Incumbent||100%||58,381|
|Illinois State Senate, District 39 (2006)|
|Don Harmon (D)||57,487|
|Jim Rowe (R)||11,159|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2008, Harmon collected $564,423 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Illinois Education Association||$25,000|
|Donald F. Harmon||$15,503|
|Chicago Automobile Trade Association||$12,500|
|US Smokeless Tobacco||$10,000|
|Illinois Venture Capital Association||$10,000|
|Kevin J. Conway||$10,000|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$8,000|
|Clifford Law Offices||$7,650|
|Chapman & Cutler||$7,500|
|Cottonwood Financial LTD||$7,000|
|Devon C. Bruce||$6,000|
|Illinois Credit Union League||$5,400|
|Austin Mental Health LLC||$5,000|
|Mayer Brown Rowe & Maw||$4,500|
|Illinois Bankers Association||$4,000|
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
Harmon received a score of 37.50 out of 100 in 2012 for a grade of F according to the IOP’s grading scale. His score was tied for the 37th highest among all 59 members of the Illinois State Senate included in the Vote Card.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Don + Harmon + Illinois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Harmon represents Illinois Senate District 39. District 39 includes the South Central Chicago suburbs of Oak Park and Cicero.
Don is married to Teresa Harmon. They have three children and reside in Oak Park, Illinois.
- Don Harmon's personal website
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Don Harmon on Facebook
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- Illinois Senate election results for 2006
- Harmon Campaign Donors
- Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013
- Illinois Opportunity Project, Legislative Vote Card home page, accessed February 21, 2013
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 39
| Succeeded by|