|Virginia House of Delegates District 16|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
|Profession||President and owner, J. W. Squire Company, Inc.|
He won re-election unopposed in the 2009 general election.
Merricks is the owner/operator of J.W. Squire Company and River City Specialties & Interiors Incorporated.
- Counties, Cities and Towns
- Subcommittee #2
- Health, Welfare and Institutions
- Subcommittee #3
- Militia, Police and Public Safety
- Subcommittee #3
- Commerce and Labor
- Subcommittee #1
- HB 1617 Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders Commission; extends sunset until July 1, 2014, etc.
- HB 1618 Hunting permit, special; issued to patients from veterans or military hospitals.
- HB 2102 Pittsylvania County; Board of Department of Game and Inland Fisheries to adopt regulations.
Merricks is running for re-election to the District 16 seat of the Virginia House of Delegates. He is unopposed in the August 23 primary and the November 8 general election.
In 2009, Merricks was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He ran unopposed. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 16 (2009)|
|Donald Merricks (R)||13,074|
The top 5 donors to Merricks' 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Association of Realtors||$3,500|
|Virginia Bankers Assoc||$3,000|
|Virginia Dental Assoc||$2,000|
|Alpha Natural Resources||$2,000|
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Donald Merricks
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 16
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |