|Texas State Senate, District 25|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Master's||Texas Women's College|
|M.D.||Texas Tech University|
Campbell earned her Master of Nursing from Texas Women's College, specializing in cardiovascular clinical nursing and nursing administration. She received her M.D. from Texas Tech University and completed her residency at the University of Texas Medical Center in Houston.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Campbell served on the following committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Nominations, Vice-chair|
|• Veteran Affairs & Military Installations|
Campbell's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Fiscal Responsibility and Limited Government
- Excerpt:"As a conservative, I support marketplace solutions, not government mandates, and I will balance the budget with spending cuts, NOT accounting gimmicks or tax hikes. I believe we can shore up our finances and provide higher quality services by eliminating duplicity and inefficiency throughout bloated state agencies, reforming education, and ending handouts to illegal aliens."
- Excerpt:"I oppose Obamacare and will make every effort to create a firewall against the unconstitutional encroachment on our great state, whether from the HHS, Justice Department, or the EPA."
Protecting Life and Promoting Family Values
- Excerpt:"I am 100% pro-life and believe one of the greatest privileges I will have as a State Senator will be to fight for the rights of the unborn and protect innocent life."
Growing the Economy
- Excerpt:"Uncertainty created by constantly changing government mandates hinders our state’s economic growth. I will work to decrease taxation, litigation, and regulation so that businesses can start hiring again. I believe that in order to maintain a strong business environment, we must protect businesses from frivolous lawsuits and return to a predictable regulatory climate."
- See also: Texas State Senate elections, 2012
Campbell won election in the 2012 election for Texas State Senate, District 25. Campbell advanced to the July 31 primary runoff where she defeated incumbent Jeff Wentworth. She defeated John Courage (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas State Senate, District 25, General Election, 2012|
|Texas State Senate District 25 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Jeff Wentworth (advanced to runoff) Incumbent||35.8%||27,050|
|Donna Campbell (advanced to runoff)||33.7%||25,470|
|Elizabeth Ames Jones||30.5%||23,085|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Campbell and her husband, Stan, have one child. Campbell is a member of the Texas Medical Association, the American Academy of Physician Specialists, the National Rifle Association, the Texas State Rifle Association, and Mothers Against Drunk Driving.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Donna + Campbell + Texas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Donna+Campbell+Texas+Senate&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Donna Campbell News Feed
- Texas Senate Office Website
- Official campaign website
- Official campaign facebook page
- Official campaign twitter page
Jeff Wentworth (R)
|Texas Senate District 25
| Succeeded by|