Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Utah, District 1|
|Bachelor's||West Point Military Academy|
|Master's||University of Virginia in Charlottesville|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
McAleer is a West Point graduate and former nonprofit executive.
McAleer's campaign website lists the following issues:
- K-12 education
- Excerpt: "Education must become a priority in Utah and our nation. We cannot continue to pay lip service to it. Utah ranks 55th in terms of per student funding for K-12 education. We set aside $2577 per student (this is the weighted per pupil average—the state funding for education does not include property tax). If we include property taxes we are still last in the Nation. "
- Excerpt: "Regardless of where one stands on the spectrum of opinion about healthcare reform, just about everyone can agree that health care costs in the United States are out of control. We have many of the best treatments and services in the world, but also the most expensive."
- Campaign finance reform
- Excerpt: "Campaign finance reform is the common term for the political effort in the United States to change the involvement of money in politics, primarily in political campaigns. I support the public financing of campaigns with ceilings determined by office level. If all candidate challengers and incumbents had the same amount of funds, perhaps the effective management of those funds would serve as a proxy for fiscal responsibility and management."
- Legislative terms limits
- Excerpt: "Like the President of the United States, Congress should have term limits: six terms for the Congress and two for the Senate. Congress should not be able to raise its own pay when the rest of the country is facing economic hardship. Elected legislative healthcare should be the same healthcare afford to our Armed Forces. "
McAleer has outraised Combe, although both candidates are new to politics and have each raised under $100,000 for their campaigns.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Donna + McAleer + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found