Difference between revisions of "Donne Trotter"
|Line 80:||Line 80:|
|Line 93:||Line 98:|
| align="right" | '''79,070'''
| align="right" | '''79,070'''
Revision as of 20:02, 5 December 2011
|Illinois State Senate District 17|
|1993 - Present|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||22|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Illinois House of Representatives|
|1988 - 1993|
|Bachelor's||Chicago State University|
|Master's||Loyola School of Law|
|Date of birth||January 30, 1950|
|Place of birth||Cairo, Illinois|
Trotter graduated from Chicago State with his Bachelor's degree and later graduated from Loyola-Chicago with his Law degree. Before becoming a elected official, Trotter is a former Hospital Administrator.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Trotter has been appointed to these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Appropriations II Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Energy Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Executive Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Pensions and Investments Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Subcommittee on Pension Reforms
- Commission on Government Forecasting and Accountability
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Trotter served on these committees:
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
|Illinois State Senate, District 17 (2008)|
|Donne Trotter (D)||79,070|
In 2008, Trotter collected $328,486 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|CMTE to Elect Rickey Hendon||$13,400|
|Illinois Helath Care Association||$12,500|
|Illinois Hospital & Health Systems Association||$12,000|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$9,500|
|Citizens for Emil Jones Jr.||$8,000|
|Illinois Education Association||$5,500|
|Illinois Credit Union League||$5,050|
|Midway Airport Concessionaires||$5,000|
|Illinois Trial Lawyers Association||$4,500|
|Harmony Health Plan of Illinois||$4,000|
|Chicago Automobile Trade Association||$4,000|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$3,900|
|Citizens for Mariyana Spyropoulos||$3,500|
Trotter represents Illinois Senate District 17. District 17 includes the University of Chicago Area.
Trotter is one of the members of a bipartisan group organized by the National Conference of Legislatures called the Task Force on Federal Deficit Reduction (TFFDR). Consisting of 23 state lawmakers from 17 states, the group went to Capitol Hill on September 21, 2011 to urge the Congressional Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction to cut the nation's debt but not impose severe budget cuts on the states.
TFFDR urged the Committee to consider new revenue as a possibility, instead of just focusing on budget cuts as House Speaker John Boehner has proposed. The group specifically proposed passage of the "Main Street Fairness Act," which would allow states to tax online retailers.
Donne is married to Rose Trotter. They have four children and resides in Chicago, Illinois.
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Donne Trotter on LinkedIn
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois Senate election results for 2008
- Trotter Campaign Donors
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
- National Conference of State Legislatures, "Task Force on Federal Deficit Reduction," accessed September 26, 2011
- Stateline, "State legislators want revenue on table in debt talks," September 22, 2011
|Illinois Senate District 17
| Succeeded by|