Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Washington, District 6|
|High school||Fife High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Washington|
|J.D.||University of Washington|
|Place of birth||Tacoma, Washington|
Cloud was born in Tacoma, Washington. He earned his undergraduate degree in economics and his Juris Doctorate from the University of Washington. He was the Deputy Prosecutor for Kitsap County and now is in private practice, specializing in fighting corruption.
Cloud lists his beliefs on his website: "* I believe our Constitution and Bill Of Rights, originating with timeless values and truths, should be honored in their original intent. I object to their use as living documents.
- I believe that individual, inalienable freedoms protected by our Bill of Rights are vital to pursuit and attainment of the happiness for our people.
- I believe that protection of private property is fundamental to the economic progress of individuals, our free market economy, our nation’s preeminence in the world economy, and national security.
- I believe that secure private property is essential to the happiness, well-being, and goodwill of our citizens.
- I believe in a limited central government and the sovereignty of the states.
- I believe all government bodies should operate within their means.
- I believe the Federal Reserve should not be permitted to control our nation’s money supply without oversight.
- I believe in a free market economy and principles of market forces, including the necessity and vital benefits of competition.
- I believe that earmarks and subsidies for special interest groups and non-governmental agencies undermine the integrity and independence of our legislators. In turn, crony capitalism produces misuse of taxpayer funds and interference with market forces that would otherwise more efficiently produce goods and services for consumers.
- I believe in energy independence, common-sense conservation that respects private property rights, and I believe in responsible development and economical utilization of our natural resources.
- I believe in a strong military, one well-equipped and supported to succeed wherever troops are committed to foreign conflict.
- I believe the divine hand of God guided our Founding Fathers as they shaped our destiny, enabling our nation to become the “shining city on the hill,” the beacon whose light we hope to restore."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Doug + Cloud + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- 19-foot Christmas tree goes to . . . - Castanet.net
- High speed ferry hits unknown object - Castanet.net
- No Travel Headaches into Sunday (series of storms next week - arctic blast 1 ... - Minneapolis Star Tribune (blog)
- Photo: Google Maps - Castanet.net
- With public approval at an all-time low, Obama looks to rally support in ... - McClatchy Washington Bureau
- With public approval at an all-time low, Barack Obama looks to rally support ... - The San Luis Obispo Tribune
- White House releases fall regulatory agenda Weatherford gets big fine for work ... - Politico
- Water law now in hands of conference panel - Gainesville Times
- Luciano: Washington, East Peoria and Pekin picking up pieces in wake of storm - Peoria Journal Star
- Washington Mayor: 1000 Homes Damaged Or Destroyed By Tornado - CBS Local
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Cloud is married and has three children.