|January 3, 2011 - Present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Predecessor||Dean Martin (R)|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Arizona State University|
|Place of birth||Toledo, Ohio|
Ducey's seat will next come up for re-election in 2014, and he is eligible to run for a second term. However, as of July 2013, he has not announced his intention to seek re-election as treasurer. Instead, Ducey is currently exploring a possible run for Governor of Arizona in 2014.
Before becoming state treasurer, Ducey was lead investor and Chairman of the Board for iMemories, a film editing and digitization services provider. Before that, he was a partner and CEO of ice cream chain Cold Stone Creamery. He also worked in sales and marketing for consumer products conglomerate Proctor and Gamble.
In his capacity as the chief banker and investment officer of the state of Arizona, Ducey manages the state's investment portfolio and directs the state's banking services and maintains a separate accounting record for the state to "provide a check and balance on the state accounting system." He oversees the treasurer's office, which contracts with Arizona banks to "process the state's receipts and disbursements; handle money and security transfers; report on the state's accounts, balances and payment activities; and provide related banking services."
Ducey was born and raised in Toledo, Ohio. He is the former CEO and chairman of Cold Stone Creamery. Before election as treasurer, Ducey was lead investor and Chairman of the Board for iMemories, a film editing and digitization services provider.
He holds a degree in finance from Arizona State University.
- Arizona State University, Finance
State Treasurer (2011-Present)
- See also Arizona gubernatorial election, 2014
Ducey won election as Arizona Treasurer on November 2, 2010.
|Arizona Treasurer, 2010|
|Election Results Via: Arizona Secretary of State|
Comprehensive donor information for Doug Ducey is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Doug Ducey raised a total of $1,212,115 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 5, 2013.
|Doug Ducey's Campaign Contribution History|
|Grand Total Raised||$1,212,115|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Doug Ducey's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Doug Ducey's Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$1,022,368 (Dem.)|
|Top 5 contributors||Douglas A. Ducey||$600,100|
|Arizona Chamber Of Commerce and Industry||$4,176|
|Saddlebrooke Republican Club 2010||$1,150|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Doug + Ducey + Arizona + Treasurer"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Ducey and his wife Angela have three sons: Jack, Joe and Sam.
- Arizona Treasurer
- Attorney General of Arizona
- Governor of Arizona
- Lieutenant Governor of Arizona
- Arizona Secretary of State
- Office of the Arizona State Treasurer, "Doug Ducey," accessed May 15, 2012
- Office of the Arizona State Treasurer, "Doug Ducey, State Treasurer," accessed June 7, 2011.
- East Valley Tribune, State treasurer Doug Ducey files paperwork to explore Ariz governor run, July 23, 2013
- Office of the Arizona State Treasurer, "About the Office," accessed June 7, 2011
- Arizona Republic, "All eyes on 2014 governor race," November 11, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Dough Ducey," July 5, 2013
- Follow the Money.org
Dean Martin (R)
| Succeeded by|