|Candidate for Wisconsin State Assembly District 32
Harrod is a high school teacher and coach at Badger-Genoa City Union High School in Lake Geneva. He earned a B.S. in Health and Physical Education from Illinois State University in 1968.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Harrod ran in the 2010 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 32. Harrod was defeated by Republican Tyler August in the general election on November 2, 2010. Harrod was unopposed in the Democratic primary election on September 14, 2010.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 32 General Election (2010)|
|Tyler August (R)||10,868|
|Doug Harrod (D)||5,156|
|Daniel Kilkenny (I)||1,983|
|Rick Pappas (I)||648|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 32 Democratic primary (2010)|
|Doug A. Harrod (D)||1,120||99.64%|
Harrod lists his positions on issues he is concerned about:
- Campaign finance reform - Believes there has been "much talk but little action."
- Fiscal responsibility - "We must create a state budget within our means."
- Alternative energy - "The use of alternative fuels and energy source technology must become a part of our everyday lives."
- Education - "Revenue caps and the state formula for funding school districts need to be re-evaluated" Wants to repeal Qualified Economic Offers.
- Health Care - "We need to provide better information to our residents so they can take advantage of programs such as "Badger Care."
- Taxes - Wants "Equitable" distribution of taxes.
- Living wage - "We need to attract employers to Wisconsin and the 32nd District that would pay a 'living wage.'"
- Dignity for senior citizens - Believes senior citizens "need and deserve security in their golden years!"
- Protecting our environment - He says "I pledge to be an advocate for the protection of our resources."
- The family farmer - He will support legislatin that "will have the goal of insuring the heritage of the 'Family Farm' in Wisconsin.."
- Responsible growth - Believes "there must be specific and clear guidelines for growth."
- Small business - Believes "Small business will be the driving force of our economic recovery!"
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign website
- Harrod on Facebook
- Harrod on Twitter
- Harrod on LinkedIn
- List of candidates certified for the November 2, 2010 general election in Wisconsin
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |