|Candidate for Wisconsin State Assembly District 32
Harrod is a high school teacher and coach at Badger-Genoa City Union High School in Lake Geneva. He earned a B.S. in Health and Physical Education from Illinois State University in 1968.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 32 Democratic primary (2010)|
|Doug A. Harrod (D)||1,120||99.64%|
Harrod lists his positions on issues he is concerned about:
- Campaign finance reform - Believes there has been "much talk but little action."
- Fiscal responsibility - "We must create a state budget within our means."
- Alternative energy - "The use of alternative fuels and energy source technology must become a part of our everyday lives."
- Education - "Revenue caps and the state formula for funding school districts need to be re-evaluated" Wants to repeal Qualified Economic Offers.
- Health Care - "We need to provide better information to our residents so they can take advantage of programs such as "Badger Care."
- Taxes - Wants "Equitable" distribution of taxes.
- Living wage - "We need to attract employers to Wisconsin and the 32nd District that would pay a 'living wage.'"
- Dignity for senior citizens - Believes senior citizens "need and deserve security in their golden years!"
- Protecting our environment - He says "I pledge to be an advocate for the protection of our resources."
- The family farmer - He will support legislatin that "will have the goal of insuring the heritage of the 'Family Farm' in Wisconsin.."
- Responsible growth - Believes "there must be specific and clear guidelines for growth."
- Small business - Believes "Small business will be the driving force of our economic recovery!"
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign website
- Harrod on Facebook
- Harrod on Twitter
- Harrod on LinkedIn
- List of candidates certified for the November 2, 2010 general election in Wisconsin
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |