Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Arizona State Senate District 20|
|Arizona House of Representatives District 10|
Quelland is the owner of Bell Lawnmover and Thank-Q Rentals. He has also worked as an elementary and high school teacher.
ACEC votes to remove from office
On May 15, 2009, the Clean Elections Commission voted 4-1 to remove him from office, after determining that he spent $15,000 to hire a campaign consultant, but didn’t acknowledge this expenditure on his campaign reports. The Arizona Clean Elections Commission is the only such government agency in the country that is allowed to remove state legislators from office for campaign finance violations.
Qualland has filed a lawsuit contesting the agency's decision to remove him from office.
- Banking and Insurance Committee, Arizona House of Representatives (Vice Chair)
- Environment Committee, Arizona House of Representatives
- Water and Energy Committee, Arizona House of Representatives
Quelland's sponsored bills include:
- HB 2127 - legislators; voting required; salary loss
- HB 2130 - campaign finance reports; penalty
- HB 2191 - cellular telephones; use while driving
- HB 2400 - partial-birth abortions; definition
For a full listed of sponsored bills see the House website.
- See also: Arizona State Senate elections, 2012
|Arizona State Senate, District 20, General Election, 2012|
|Independent||Doug "Q" Quelland||12.1%||8,829|
Quelland ran for re-election to the 10th district seat in 2010. Quelland (4,005 votes) lost to incumbent Jim Weiers (6,670 votes) and challenger Kimberly Yee (6,359 votes) in the Republican primary on August 24. Weiers and Yee faced Democrats Aaron Jahneke and Jackie Thrasher in the November 2 general election.
On November 4, 2008, Quelland and Jim Weiers were elected to the 10th District Seat in the Alabama House of Representatives, defeating opponents Jackie Thrasher (D), Lamont Lovejoy (D), Scott Gibson (Lib), and Margarite Dale (Green).
Quelland raised $73,457 for the campaign, Weiers raised $216,779, Thrasher raised $64,300, Lovejoy raised $65,679, Gibson raised $0, and Dale raised $68,586.
|Arizona State House, District 10 (2008)|
|Doug Quelland (R)||22,656|
|Jim Weiers (R)||23,022|
|Jackie Thrasher (D)||22,103|
|Lamont Lovejoy (D)||18,709|
|Scott Gibson (Lib)||2,707|
|Margarite Dale (Green)||2,358|
Below are Quelland's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Willa E Key||$130|
- Official campaign website
- Arizona House of Representatives - Representative Doug Quelland
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Doug Quelland on Facebook
- Doug Quelland on Twitter
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Quelland
- Ballot Access News, "Arizona legislator sues to retain seat"
- KSWT, "Lawmaker goes to court to contest ouster decision", August 6, 2009
- Arizona Secretary of State - Primary candidate list
- Arizona Secretary of State Elections Division "Independent Candidates" Accessed September 5, 2012
- 2008 general election results, Arizona
- Arizona House spending, 2008
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Arizona State House District 10
| Succeeded by|