|Running for Montana State Senate, District 49|
|General election||November 4, 2014|
|Montana House of Representatives, District 93|
|January 7, 2013 - present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Ph.D.||SUNY Health Sciences University, 1989|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Coffin served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2013|
Coffin's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Preserving our heritage by:
• Preserving Montana’s middle class and our right to achieve the American Dream.• Assuring reproductive rights for women so families can plan for the future.
• Protecting our environment from overdevelopment and exploitation.
• Preserving public access to lands and waters for hiking, hunting, boating & fishing.
• Preserving our lands for farming and ranching.
• Respecting our rights for equality, opportunity and independence.
Building for our future by:
• Proving good jobs with good wages and benefits.
• Fighting for workers rights and through collective bargaining.
• Closing the income gap between Wall St. and Main St.
• Ensuring Great Education and continuous job training for all Montanans.
• Renewing infrastructure for energy production, transportation and communication.
- See also: Montana State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Montana State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for major party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 10, 2014; minor party and independent candidates had until June 2, 2014, to file. Diane Sands defeated Douglas Coffin in the Democratic primary. Dick Haines defeated Mike Hopkins in the Republican primary. According to election night returns, Sands defeated Haines by seven votes in the general election; the Montana Secretary of State's office marked the race for a possible recount. However, provisional ballots increased Sands' lead to 31 votes. A recount was carried out and did not affect the outcome, leaving Sands as the winner. Incumbent David Wanzenried (D) did not seek re-election due to term limits.
|Montana State Senate, District 49 General Election, 2014|
|Montana State Senate, District 49 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Montana State Senate, District 49 Republican Primary, 2014|
Coffin won election in the 2012 election for Montana House of Representatives, District 93. Coffin defeated Coy Harwood in the June 5 primary election and defeated Brandon Simpson (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 93, General Election, 2012|
|Montana House of Representatives, District 93 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Coffin is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Coffin raised a total of $11,467 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 25, 2013.
|Douglas Coffin's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Montana House, District 93||$11,467|
|Grand Total Raised||$11,467|
2012Coffin won re-election to the Montana House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Coffin raised a total of $11,467.
|Montana House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Douglas Coffin's campaign in 2012|
|McKelvey, Robert W.||$320|
|Total Raised in 2012||$11,467|
|Source: Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Douglas + Coffin + Montana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Montana State Legislature
- Montana House of Representatives
- Montana House Committees
- Montana Joint Committees
- Montana state legislative districts
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Douglas Coffin for House District 93, home page, retrieved October 18, 2012
- Ravalli Republic, "Democrats hold wins in Missoula legislative races after provisional ballot count," November 10, 2014
- KPAX, "2 undecided Missoula races settled after provisional ballots counted," November 12, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed October 29, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Election Canvass," accessed June 30, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative General Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative Primary Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Coffin, Douglas," accessed September 25, 2013
Dick Barrett (D)
|Montana House of Representatives District 93
| Succeeded by|
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |