|Washington House of Representatives, District 35b|
|January 14, 2013 - present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Sheboygan (WI) Falls High, 1992|
|Bachelor's||University at Albany, State University of New York, 1997|
|Service/branch||U.S. Navy, submariner|
|Years of service||1992 - 1998|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, MacEwen served on the following committees:
|Washington Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|• Business and Financial Services|
|• Capital Budget|
|• Early Learning and Human Services|
MacEwen's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "This district has not had any leadership when it comes to promoting, retaining, or attracting businesses. We need to look at the fairness of the uniform application of the B & O Tax, changing state law so that local jurisdictions can create TIF districts, and elect people that create and not pontificate."
- Excerpt: "Throwing money at the problem does not equate to success for students. Competition in the form of charter schools, vouchers, and measurable results for students, teachers, and administrators will be a good start."
- Reform State Government
- Excerpt: "If it can be done at the same quality level or better at a lower price outside the state walls of Olympia, then the state should not be involved.[ ]With Republican leadership in the State House we can balance the budget on time without special session after special session."
MacEwen won election in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 35b. MacEwen advanced past the August 7 blanket primary election and defeated Lynda Ring-Erickson (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 35b, General Election, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Drew + MacEwen + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- House page
- Campaign website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Campaign Twitter feed
- Project Vote Smart profile
Fred Finn (D)
|Washington House of Representatives District 35
| Succeeded by|
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |