|E. Wayne Powell|
|U.S. House, Virginia, District 7|
|High school||John Marshall High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Richmond|
|Master's||University of Wisconsin|
|J.D.||T. C. Williams School of Law at the University of Richmond|
|Place of birth||Richmond, Virginia|
E. Wayne Powell
|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
was a 2012 Democratic
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
representing the 7th Congressional District
. Powell ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 12, 2012. He lost in the November 6, 2012, general election.
Powell served in the U.S. Army for three decades, five years of which was on active duty. He also has a 30-year career as a lawyer, primarily as a trial lawyer, and is president of a law firm.
According to Powell's website, some of his campaign themes included:
- Energy: "...we can create jobs and protect our natural resources by investing in new forms of energy."
- Medicare: "To ensure the long-term financial viability of Medicare and Social Security, we must implement common sense reforms to lower costs and eliminate fraud and abuse."
- Economy: "We must level the playing field for the middle class, and ensure that big multi-national corporations don’t ship our jobs to China, India, and other countries around the world."
- See also: Virginia's 7th congressional district elections, 2012
Powell ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Virginia's 7th District. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary and faced incumbent Eric Cantor (R) in the November general election. Cantor won.
Breakdown of the source of Powell's campaign funds before the 2012 election.
Powell lost an election to the U.S. House in 2012. During that election cycle, Powell's campaign committee raised a total of $815,546 and spent $$800,647.
|U.S. House, Virginia District 7, 2012 - E. Wayne Powell Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner
|Total Spent by Election Winner
|Top contributors to E. Wayne Powell's campaign committee|
|Miller Firm LLC||$8,000
|Jefferson Home Builders||$3,000|
|Books & Crannies||$2,500|
|Corky Hale Productions||$2,500
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
Powell is married to wife Katherine, together they have two children and five grandchildren.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 CNN "Virginia Districts Race - 2012 Election Center"
- ↑ Powell for VA "Expanded Biography," Accessed January 3, 2012
- ↑ Powell for VA, "Issues," Accessed September 20, 2012
- ↑ WTVR "CAMPAIGN 2012: Republican candidate challenges Eric Cantor in primary," June 6, 2012
- ↑ Open Secrets "E. Wayne Powell 2012 Election Cycle," Accessed April 9, 2013
- ↑ Powell for VA, "About Wayne," Accessed September 20, 2012