Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Oklahoma, District 2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Everett cited higher taxes, women's issues, and job creation as his top campaign priorities. Everett was a vocal supporter of raising taxes. "The taxes at this time are not sufficient enough to fund needed programs, although there are some programs that could be deleted," Everett said. "The Constitution mandates ... to provide for the general welfare of the United States." Everett also called for more federal support of education.
Everett ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Oklahoma's 2nd District. Everett defeated Joshua Harris-Till in the Democratic primary on June 24, 2014. The general election took place November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Oklahoma District 2 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Source: Results via Associated Press|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Earl + Everett + Oklahoma + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Oklahoma's 2nd Congressional District elections, 2014
- Oklahoma's 2nd Congressional District
- Ok.gov, "Candidates for Federal, State and Legislative Offices,” accessed June 13, 2014
- Associated Press, "Oklahoma - Summary Vote Results," accessed June 24, 2014
- Oklahoma Elections Division, "Election Results," accessed June 26, 2012
- Muskogee Phoenix, "2nd District Democratic hopeful says higher taxes," accessed June 21, 2012
- Oklahoma Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed April 13, 2012