|Wisconsin State Assembly District 50|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Brooks served in the United States Army Reserve from 1965-1971, and has worked as a dairy producer, loan officer with the Production Credit Association, and county supervisor for the United States Department of Agriculture.
He is a member of the Wisconsin Farm Bureau and former member of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Board of Visitors, and former chair of the Wisconsin Federation of Coops.
Legislation sponsored in 2009 includes:
- AB-154 Tobacco products purchased on behalf of, or to provide to, a minor prohibited; penalty provisions
- AB-161 Dog damage claim re injured or killed farm animal, dog, or cat: deadline for filing revised; dog damage reimbursement fund required
- AB-336 Health care facility, health care provider, or employee of: liability from immunity for reporting violation of law or certain standards, unprofessional conduct, or negligence in patient care; confidentiality of patient health care records provision
For a full listing of sponsored legislation and details see the House site.
The top 5 donors to Brooks' 2008 campaign:
|WI Federation of Cooperatives||$1,000|
|WI Realtors Assoc||$700|
|Albers for Assembly||$500|
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Ed Brooks
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions:2008
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 50
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |