|Virginia House of Delegates, District 42|
Deitsch has been a small business owner. He also spent three decades managing copy centers.
Deitsch's campaign website listed the following issues:
"If we want America to remain great, we must invest in the education our children and grandchildren will need in the global world of the 21st century. Math? Science? Yes, but also respect, communication and cooperation."
- Public Employees
"I will never attack public employees to score cheap points. I will defend our public servants and demand that my colleagues in the General Assembly do more to help them do their jobs well. I will support investments in training, equipment and benefits."
"I say, that piecemeal approach is utterly inadequate to the challenges we face now and will have to address in the future. As your Delegate, I will work to create comprehensive approaches to fund, build and maintain the infrastructure we all need for the 21st century."
"Jobs are created by vibrant communities in which we support and nurture creativity. Jobs are created by communities in which people want to live, work and play. As your Delegate, I will work with the business community and local elected officials to help create the dynamic environments that attract creative people and create jobs."
- Health Care
"As your Delegate, I will work with our health care professionals to make care more accessible, more affordable and more reliable. I will work with you to create healthier walkable/bikeable communities for ourselves and our children."
Deitsch ran in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 42. Deitsch ran unopposed in the June 11 Democratic primary. He was defeated by incumbent Dave Albo (R) in the general election on November 5, 2013.
Deitsch and his wife, Robin, have six children. They currently reside in Springfield, Virginia. Deitsch has been involved with the Humane Society of the United States National Disaster Animal Response Team.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ed + Deitsch + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Facebook page
- Twitter page
- LinkedIn page
- DFA profile
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Virginia State Board of Elections, "2013 Official Candidates List for House of Delegates by District", Accessed July 11, 2013
- About, Ed Deitsch for Delegate, Accessed May 17, 2013
- Issues, Ed Deitsch for Delegate, Accessed May 17, 2013
- Virginia Board of Elections, "Unofficial Results - General Election," accessed November 5, 2013
- Endorsements, Ed Deitsch for Delegate, Accessed September 4, 2013