|Michigan House of Representatives District 108|
|January 1. 2011-Present|
|January 1, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Bachelor's||Northern Michigan University|
McBroom is a dairy farmer and substitute teacher.
McBroom graduated from Northern Michigan University in 2005 with degrees in Music Education and Social Studies Education.
McBroom's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I believe strongly that family is the foundation for our civil society. We must encourage strong families, marriages, and communities."
- Excerpt:"I am unashamedly pro-life. God has created us and stamped His image on us. Let us not shy away from standing for life in the womb and out of it."
Business and work
- Excerpt:"We must have regulatory reform that puts people and their ability to earn a living first while still protecting our environment and resources. "
Guns and hunting
- Excerpt:"The second amendment guarantees our rights to own firearms and I stand strongly for that correct interpretation."
- Excerpt:"I believe strongly in education. It is an important investment in our state’s future."
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, McBroom has been appointed to these committees:
McBroom ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 7. The general election was November 6.
McBroom won election to the District 108 Seat in 2010. He defeated Mike Falcon, Gaylord Jones, Brady Nelson and Bruce Rosen in the August 3 Republican primary. He defeated Judy Nerat (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 108 General election (2010)|
|Ed McBroom (R)||17,734|
|Judy Nerat (D)||11,870|
In 2010, McBroom raised $131,905 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|House Republican Campaign Cmte Of Michigan||$40,434|
|Michigan Farm Bureau||$5,000|
|Michigan Republican Party||$5,000|
|Leadership Under New Direction||$3,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Ed + McBroom + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Ed McBroom received a 58% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
McBroom and his wife Sarah have three children.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |