Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 30|
|2004 - Present|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|Place of birth||Culpeper, VA|
Scott currently works as Manager of Retail Operations for Culpeper Farmers' Cooperative Farm & Home Center. He has also worked as Director of Government Affairs for the Virginia Agribusiness Council.
Scott's answers to the Virginia State Legislative Election 2003 National Political Awareness Test are available. When asked his top priorities, he stated, "My highest priority is to eliminate the estate tax in Virginia. This tax unfairly penalizes family farms and small businesses that are the backbone of our economy. This should be a key element to restructuring the Commonwealth's Tax Code. Secondly, I will work to maintain a positive regulatory climate in order to attract new businesses & grow our existing business base."
- Subcommittee #3 (Chair)
- Subcommittee #4
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources Committee
- Chesapeake Subcommittee (Chair)
- Science and Technology
- Subcommittee #1
- General Laws
- Professions/Occupations and Administrative Process Subcommittee
- HB 2070 Classroom placement of twins or multiples; school board to develop policies to allow parental input.
- HB 2178 Possession of ammunition by convicted felons; prohibited.
- HB 2179 Trials; credit for time spent in confinement discretionary with court. 
Scott is running for re-election to the District 30 seat of the Virginia House of Delegates. He is unopposed in the August 23 primary and the November 8 general election.
In 2009, Scott was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He defeated Matt Carson in the General Election. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 30 (2009)|
|Ed Scott (R)||15,959|
|Matt Carson (I)||5,154|
The top 5 donors to Scott's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Automobile & Truck Dealers Assoc||$5,500|
|Virginia Beer Wholesalers Assoc||$2,750|
|Alpha Natural Resources||$2,000|
|Virginia Assoc of Realtors||$2,000|
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Scott
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
|Virginia House of Delegates District 30
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |