Ed Sullivan, Jr.
|Ed Sullivan, Jr.|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 51|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||11|
|Per diem||$132/per session day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Illinois, 1991|
|Place of birth||Mundelein, IL|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Sullivan has been appointed to the following committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Sullivan served on the following committees:
- Consumer Protection (Ranking Minority Member)
- Electric Utility Oversight
- Mass Transit
- Public Utilities
- Revenue & Finance
- Subcommittee on Consumer Regulation
- Subcommittee on Property Tax
Sullivan won re-election to the 51st District seat in the Illinois House of Representatives in 2012. He was unopposed in the Republican Primary on March 20, 2012, and was unopposed in the November 6 general election as well.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 51 (2010)|
|Ed Sullivan, Jr. (R)||26,777||69.05%|
|Steve Riess (D)||12,002||30.95%|
On November 4, 2008, Republican Ed Sullivan Jr. won re-election to the Illinois House of Representatives District 51 receiving 31,261 votes, ahead of Democrat Amanda D. Howland who received 21,873 votes.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 51 (2008)|
|Ed Sullivan Jr. (R)||31,261|
|Amanda D. Howland (D)||21,873|
On November 7, 2006, Republican Ed Sullivan Jr. won re-election to the Illinois House of Representatives District 51 receiving 20,335 votes ahead of Democrat Amanda Howland who received 14,744 votes.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 51 (2006)|
|Ed Sullivan Jr. (R)||20,335|
|Amanda Howland (D)||14,744|
In 2010, Sullivan collected $129,611 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors are listed below:
|Illinois House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ed Sullivan, Jr.'s campaign in 2010|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$8,000|
|Associated Beer Distributors Of Illinois||$5,000|
|Sullivan, Ed & Patricia||$4,800|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$4,450|
|Total Raised in 2010||$129,611|
In 2008, Sullivan collected $117,371 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$6,500|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$5,500|
|Southern Wine & Spirits of Illinois||$4,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Ed + Sullivan + Illinois + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Sullivan's campaign website
- Illinois General Assembly - Representative Ed Sullivan, Jr. (R) 51st District
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Sullivan
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Additional Illinois Endorsements," March 15, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois Official 2010 General Election Results
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2006
- Follow the money - Illinois House 2010 donors
- Sullivan Campaign Donors
|Illinois House of Representatives District 51
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |