Eddie Lucio, III
|Eddie Lucio III|
|Texas State House, District 38|
|2007 - Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Texas, Austin|
|J.D.||University of Texas School of Law|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Elections
- 4 Campaign donors
- 5 Recent news
- 6 Scorecards
- 7 Personal
- 8 External links
- 9 References
Lucio is an Attorney with Rodriguez and Nicolas, and has previously worked for Clark, Thomas and Winters.
He is a volunteer with a number of organizations, including the Brownsville Independent School District, Brownsville "Just Say No" Program, Good Neighbor Settlement House, Help One Student to Succeed Program, Meals on Wheels, Optimist Club, and Survivors of Domestic Violence Program.
Lucio III was born and raised in Brownsville, Texas, where he practices law and lives with his family. He received a B.B.A. from the University of Texas at Austin and later received his Doctorate of Jurisprudence from the University of Texas School of Law in 2005.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Lucio served on the following committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Calendars, Vice-chair|
|• Natural Resources|
|• Special Purpose Districts|
Lucio served on the following Texas House of Representatives committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Natural Resources|
|• Government Efficiency & Reform, Vice-chair|
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Calendars, Chair|
|• Natural Resources|
|• State Affairs|
- HB 65 - Relating to establishing a health science center and medical school in South Texas.
- HB 432 - Relating to the acquisition by state agencies of low-emissions vehicles and vehicles using alternative fuels.
- HB 435 - Relating to the penalty for theft of a pet.
- HB 438 - Relating to the creation of an offense for certain uses of a wireless communication device while operating a motor vehicle.
Lucio won re-election in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 38. Lucio ran unopposed in the May 29 primary election and won re-election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 38, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Eddie Lucio III Incumbent||70.8%||22,408|
Lucio won re-election in District 38. He was unopposed in the March 2 Democratic primary and faced no opposition in the November 2 general election.
| Texas House of Representatives, District 38 |
2010 General election results
|Eddie Lucio III (D)||12,466||100%|
On November 4, 2008, Lucio won re-election to the Texas House of Representatives from Texas's 38th District. Lucio ran unopposed in the general election, and he received 25,476 votes. Lucio raised $416,732 for his campaign.
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Lucio received $351,666 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Texas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Eddie Lucio, III's campaign in 2010|
|Lucio Iii, Eddie||$84,631|
|Perry, Bob J||$26,500|
|Texans For Lawsuit Reform||$13,606|
|Crawford, Kelly Simpson||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$351,666|
Below are Lucio's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Eddie Lucio III||$79,348|
|Eddie Lucio III||$76,581|
|Eddie Lucio III||$66,805|
|Bob J Perry||$35,000|
|Texans for Lawsuit Reform||$10,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Eddie + Luccio + Texas + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Empower Texans Fiscal Responsibility Index
Empower Texans produces the Fiscal Responsibility Index as "a measurement of how lawmakers perform on size and role of government issues." The index uses "exemplar votes on core budget and free enterprise issues that demonstrate legislators' governing philosophy." Legislators are graded along a standard grading scale, receiving grades A through F based on their performance during the legislative session.
Eddie Lucio III received a grade of F on the 2011 Fiscal Responsibility Index.
Lucio is an attorney and he is the son of State Senator & Mrs. Eddie Lucio, Jr., and is married to Jaime Barrera Lucio of Brownsville. They have a daughter together, Olivia Rose, born in August of 2009.
- Eddie Lucio III's campaign website
- Texas House of Representatives - Rep. Lucio
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Freedom Speaks profile
- Texas State Directory profile
- Texas Political Almanac HD 38 page
- Texas Tribune profile & bio
- Vote-TX.org profile
- State Surge profile
- Mexican American Legislative Caucus profile
- Eddie Lucio III on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Lucio
- Texas Legislature - Bills Authored/Joint Authored by Rep. Lucio
- Texas GOP list of candidates for 2012 Elections
- Texas Secretary of State Election History
- Official Texas Election Results
- Texas House official election results for 2008
- District 38 Texas House candidate funds, 2008
- Follow the Money - 2010 Contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- Empower Texans, "Fiscal Responsibility Index"
|Texas House District 38
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |