|Texas House of Representatives District 45|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Kuempel received his BA in Business from Texas Lutheran College. He has worked as a Salesman for Structural Metals, Incorporated, and is a member of the Faith Lutheran Church.
Kuempel did not provide answers to the 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- HB 4273 - Relating to the issuance of a permit to a local government corporation for a public water supply project.
- HB 4416 - Relating to the establishment of the Texas Gaming Commission to regulate games of chance or other gaming activities at specific locations including dog or horse tracks, destination resort casinos, or on Indian tribal lands.
- HB 4754 - Relating to the creation of the Guadalupe County Municipal Utility District No. 3; providing authority to impose a tax and issue bonds; granting a limited power of eminent domain.
- HB 4755 - Relating to the creation of the Guadalupe County Development and Management District; providing authority to impose an assessment, impose a tax, and issue bonds.
| Texas House of Representatives, District 44 |
2010 Special election results
|Edmund Kuempel (R)||37,037||100%|
On November 4, 2008, Kuempel won re-election to the Texas House of Representatives from Texas's 44th District, defeating John Lynch (L). Kuempel received 46,686 votes in the election while Lynch received 9,959 votes. Kuempel raised $217,087 for his campaign.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 44|
|Edmund Kuempel (R)||46,686||82.41%|
|John Lynch (L)||9,959||17.58%|
Below are Kuempel's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Texas House of Representatives||$6,225|
|Texas Automobile Dealers Assoc||$5,000|
|Texans for Lawsuit Reform||$5,000|
|Texans for Economic Development||$5,000|
|Texas Energy Associations PAC||$5,000|
- Texas House of Representatives - Rep. Kuempel
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
- Freedom Speaks profile
- Texas State Directory profile
- Texas Political Almanac HD 44 page
- Texas Tribune profile & bio
- Vote-TX.org profile
- State Surge profile
- ↑ | Rep. Kuempel Dead After Possible Heart Attack
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Kuempel
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Kuempel Issue Positions
- ↑ Texas Legislature - Bills Authored/Joint Authored by Rep. Kuempel
- ↑ Official Texas Election Results
- ↑ Texas House official election results for 2008
- ↑ District 44 Texas House candidate funds, 2008
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Texas House District 44
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
Public Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Texas school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Texas school districts M - Z |