Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Jersey General Assembly, District 13|
|Bachelor's||Jersey City State College, 1994|
|Master's||Rutgers University, 1996|
Walsh earned her BA in Psychology from Jersey City State College in 1994 and her MSW graduate degree from Rutgers University in 1996. Her professional experience includes work in the areas of healthcare, education and private practice.
Walsh's campaign website listed four central themes of her campaign:
- A Pro-Life Conservative:
- Excerpt: Edna Walsh is pro-life. She is a defender of life from conception to natural death.
- A Pro 2nd Amendment Conservative:
- Excerpt:Edna Walsh believes in the right to bear arms and will work hard to defend this right.
- A Fiscal Conservative:
- Excerpt: Edna Walsh believes in fiscal responsibility. She believes New Jerseyans are over taxed and overburdened. Edna Walsh also supports Workfare. "I believe in a path towards self reliance and not a lifestyle of government reliance."
- Edna Walsh Opposes the Common Core State Standards
- Excerpt: "Here we go again, policy makers in Washington D.C. making decisions for parents and educators. The Federal government is out of control! Where is the research to justify Common Core State Standards ? Where is the feedback from parents and educators?" Edna Walsh believes, The Common Core State Standards will kill innovation. "This is a set up for national standardized tests. Let's stop teaching for testing! Haven't we been doing this long enough?"
Walsh ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 13. Walsh was bracketed with Stephen Boracchia. She was defeated by Amy Handlin and Declan O'Scanlon in the June 4 Republican primary. The general election took place on November 5, 2013.
|New Jersey General Assembly, District 13, Republican Primary, 2013|
|Amy Handlin Incumbent||39.1%||5,720|
|Declan O'Scanlon, Jr. Incumbent||39%||5,695|
In 2013, Boracchia's endorsements included the following:
- Bayshore Tea Party Group
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Edna + Walsh + New + Jersey + General + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 Primary Candidates", Accessed April 15, 2013
- "Edna Walsh Official Campaign Website", Accessed May 8, 2013
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," Accessed July 26, 2013
- "Bayshore Tea Party on Facebook", Accessed May 8, 2013
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |