The Education Committee is a standing committee of the Nebraska Senate.
The Education Committee is responsible for processing legislation involving the following subject areas:
- school districts; organization; reorganization; tuition; powers; offices; transportation
- schools; programs; compulsory education; special education; handicapped; gifted; drivers’ education
- teachers; employees; Professional Negotiations Act
- post-secondary education; State colleges and universities; vocational schools; community colleges;
- governing boards
- state aid; school funds; lands
- State Board of Education; Department of Education
- ETV; public radio; private and parochial schools; educational service units
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2013 legislative session.