Difference between revisions of "Edward Braunstein"
m (Text replace - "has been appointed to" to "served on")
|Line 110:||Line 110:|
Revision as of 17:46, 23 January 2013
|New York State Assembly District 26|
|2011 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||State University of New York, Albany, 2003|
|J.D.||New York Law School, 2008|
|Date of birth||04/21/1981|
|Place of birth||Manhasset,NY|
He previously worked for the New York State Assembly as a legislative assistant to Sheldon Silver. He took evening classes at New York Law School simultaneously and passed the state bar in February of 2009. He has also sat on Community Board 11 serving the Northeast Queens neighborhoods. He is a life long resident of Bayside.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Braunstein served on the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York State Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York State Assembly
- Judiciary Committee, New York State Assembly
- Small Business Committee, New York State Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York State Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Braunstein ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 26. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Working Families Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 26, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Edward Braunstein Incumbent||100%||27,919|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
|New York State Assembly, District 26 2010|
|Edward Braunstein (D)||15,264|
|Vincent Tabone (R)||11,043|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Braunstein raised a total of $249,842 in campaign contributions.
His five largest campaign contributors in 2010 were:
|New York State United Teachers||$7,600|
|New York State Court Officers Association||$7,600|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$7,600|
|Meara, Brian R||$7,600|
Braunstein is single.
- House website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- New York Daily News, "32BJ/SEIU Endorses For State Senate, Assembly," August 1, 2012
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- 2010 campaign contributions
|New York Assembly District 26
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |