|Maine House of Representatives District 47|
|2004 - Present|
|December 5, 2012|
|Years in position||9|
|Base salary||$13,852/year (first regular session) |
$10,082/year (second regular session)
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Place of birth||Stamford, CT|
Mazurek is retired. He worked as a teacher and coach from 1962-2002.
Mazurek served on the Rockland City Council from 2002-2004, and was Mayor from 2003-2004.
He is a member of the Elks Club, Knights of Columbus, Maine Lighthouse Museum Board of Directors, Many Flags One School, Penquis Community Action Program Advisory Board, President of School Administrative District #5 Teachers Association, and of Saint Bernard's Parish Council.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Mazurek has been appointed to the following committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Mazurek served on the following committees:
- Transportation (Chair)
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2012
McCormick is running for election in 2012. He ran unopposed in the June 12, 2012 Democratic primary. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012.
|Maine House of Representatives General Election, District 47 (2010)|
|Edward Mazurek (D)||2,035||61%|
|Horatio Cowan (R)||1,101||33% |
Edward Mazurek raised $4,657 for his campaign.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 47|
|Edward Mazurek (D)||2,762|
|Steven Dyer (R)||1,262|
In 2010, Mazurek received $4,161 in campaign donations. The only contributor was the Public Fund.
In 2008 Edward Mazurek collected $4,657 in donations. 
His largest contributor in 2008 was:
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Edward + Mazurek + Maine + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Senators disagree over resolution creating government oversight of east-west ... - Bangor Daily News
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Maine House of Representatives - Rep. Edward Mazurek
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Mazurek
- ↑ Maine Secretary of State "Primary Candidate List," June 12, 2012
- ↑ The Portland Press Herald general election results
- ↑ Official Maine Election Results, 2010
- ↑ Maine House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- ↑ Follow the Money's report on Mazurek's 2008 campaign contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 Contributions
- ↑ 2008 contributors to Edward Mazurek
|Maine House of Representatives District 47
| Succeeded by|
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |
Freedom of Access Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |