Massachusetts Senate, Second Middlesex and Norfolk District
McGrath's website highlighted the following campaign themes"
- Wage and hiring freeze through state government
- Modify prevailing wage
- Repeal Pacheco Law
- End unpredictable tax law
- Stop economic policies that pick winners and losers in the market
- Highest standards of integrity
- No support for any potential leadership positions where the legislator does not meet those standards
- Lifting cap on charter schools
- Working to ensure promises of funding are kept
According to a Boston Herald article, McGrath's opponent, Spilka sent mailings to voters that did not list her party affiliation. The mailing reportedly said Spilka hoped to become the "next state senator," despite having served in office since 2004. Campaign officials said they were "running as if we're running for the first time." McGrath said people don't care about a candidate's party, but rather, "whether you're an incumbent or a challenger."
McGrath lost election to the Second Middlesex and Norfolk District Seat in 2010. He had no primary opposition. McGrath was defeated by incumbent Karen Spilka (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
- May 16, 2010 snapshot of McGrath's campaign website
- Twitter feed
- Flickr page
- YouTube channel
- Massachusetts State, Elections Division 2010 State Primary Candidates
- Project Vote Smart biography