For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Illinois House of Representatives District 57|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||14|
|Per diem||$132/per session day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Trinity University, 1979|
|J.D.||University of Michigan, 1982|
|Date of birth||December 11, 1957|
|Place of birth||Wichita, KS|
Nekritz is a Partner in the Law Firm of Altheimer and Gray. She previously served as Legislative Aide to State Senator Jeff Schoenberg.
She is a member of the Trail Users Rights Foundation Board, Illinois Bar Association, National Council on Jewish Women, Democratic Committeeman of Northfield Township, and is Chairperson of the Village of Northbrook's Community Relations Commission.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Nekritz has been appointed to the following committees:
- Environmental Health
- Judiciary I - Civil Law, Chair
- Personnel & Pensions, Vice Chair
- Transportation: Regulation, Roads & Bridges Committee
- Commission on Government Forecasting and Accountability
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Nekritz served on the following committees:
- Appropriations-Higher Education
- Elections & Campaign Reform (Chair)
- Environment & Energy (Vice Chair)
- Environmental Health
- Judiciary I - Civil Law
- Medicaid Reform, Family & Children
- Railroad Industry (Chair)
- Tollway Oversight
- Veterans' Affairs
Nekritz on Military Ballots
Rep Nekritz says it may be a bit before lawmakers get answers on questions about late military ballots.
Nekritz is running for re-election to the 57th District seat in the Illinois House of Representatives in 2012. She is unopposed in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012. Jonathan L. Greenberg is running in the Republican primary. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012.
Nekritz won re-election to the 57th District seat against Republican Richard G. Hamen. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on February 2nd. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 57 (2010)|
|Elaine Nekritz (D)||14,537||61.24%|
|Richard G. Hamen (R)||9,202||38.76%|
On November 4, 2008, Democrat Elaine Nekritz won re-election to the Illinois House of Representatives District 57 receiving 22,407 votes, ahead of Republican James Tatooles who received 10,602 votes.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 57 (2008)|
|Elaine Nekritz (D)||22,407|
|James Tatooles (R)||10,602|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 57 (2006)|
|Elaine Nekritz (D)||18,615|
In 2010, Nekritz collected $213,481 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors are listed below:
|Illinois House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Elaine Nekritz's campaign in 2010|
|Illinois Democratic Party||$9,982|
|Krehbiel Jr, John||$6,000|
|Hebeisen, Keith A||$5,150|
|Union Pacific Railroad||$4,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$213,481|
In 2008, Nekritz collected $214,424 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to her campaign.
|John Krehbiel Jr.||$25,000|
|Cook County College Teachers Union||$7,000|
|Illinois Education Association||$5,000|
|Keith A. Hebeisen||$4,650|
|Illinois Trial Lawyers Association||$4,000|
- Nekritz's personal website
- Illinois General Assembly - Representative Elaine Nekritz (D) 57th District
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Illinois House Democrats - Elaine Nekritz
- Nekritz's facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Nekritz
- "Nekritz on Military Ballots," Illinois Statehouse News, November 23, 2010
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Chicago Sun-Times, "2010 Election Results"
- Illinois Official 2010 General Election Results
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2006
- Follow the money - Illinois House 2010 donors
- Nekritz Campaign Donors
|Illinois House of Representatives District 57
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |