|U.S. House, New York, District 21|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||June 24, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Marketing and management for Premium Plywood Products, Inc.|
In the past, Stefanik was an aide to former Pres. George Bush and was in charge of debate prep for Paul Ryan. She currently manages sales and marketing for her family’s business, Premium Plywood Products.
Stefanik has worked in the following positions:
- Sales, marketing and management for Premium Plywood Products, Inc.
- Director of Vice Presidential Debate Prep to Paul Ryan
- Director of Communications for the Foreign Policy Initiative
- Policy Director for Governor Tim Pawlenty’s Presidential campaign
- Served on President George W. Bush’s Domestic Policy Council Staff and in the Chief of Staff’s office
- Graduated with Honors from Harvard University
- Received the Women’s Leadership Award
Stefanik lists the following themes on her website. See her campaign website for more detailed descriptions of her positions.
Independence Party filing
In addition to the Republican and Conservative parties, Stefanik also tried to file with the Independence Party. However, the New York Board of Elections declared her petition to be invalid. The investigation arose after Stefanik accused her opponent in the Republican primary, Matt Doheny, of producing fraudulent signatures. Doheny retaliated by accusing Stefanik of the same offense, and the New York Board of Elections declared both Stefanik's Independence petition and Doheny's Conservative petition invalid.
Stefanik ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent New York's 21st District. Stefanik sought the Republican and Conservative Party nominations in the primary on June 24, 2014. The general election took place November 4, 2014.
The National Republican Congressional Committee added Stefanik to their "On the Radar" list in November 2013. According to the NRCC, candidates that make this list receive "...the tools they need to run successful, winning campaigns against their Democratic opponents."
Stefanik has received the following endorsements:
- The Susan B. Anthony List Candidate Fund
- Several community and business leaders, listed on her website
- New York Assemblyman Dan Stec
- Rep. Paul Ryan
- The Essex County Board of Supervisors (14 out of 18 supervisors)
- The Franklin County Conservative Party
- Eleven of the 12 Republican county chairs in New York's 21st District
- The Support, Honor, Elect (SHE) PAC
- Mitt Romney
- RightNOW Women PAC
|Elise Stefanik (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2013||$0.00||$180,569.22||$(15,712.59)||$164,856.63|
|Year-End||January 31, 2014||$164,856.63||$75,035.52||$(37,764.40)||$202,127.75|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$202,127.75||$268,760.03||$(120,062.43)||$350,825.35|
Stefanik lives in Willsboro, New York.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Elise + Stefanik + New York + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- New York's 21st Congressional District elections, 2014
- New York's 21st Congressional District
- New York Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List," accessed April 17, 2014
- ‘’Campaign Site’’ “Elise’s Story,” accessed August 6, 2013
- ‘’Post Star’’ “Potential challengers to Owens exploring run,” accessed August 6, 2013
- Elise Stefanik for Congress, "About Elise," accessed May 20, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Watertown Daily Times, "Stefanik challenges Republican opponent Doheny’s ballot petitions," accessed May 19, 2014
- Roll Call, "Ex-Bush Aide Elise Stefanik Will Challenge Bill Owens #NY21," accessed August 6,2013
- "Politico," "New York Democrat Bill Owens to retire from House," January 14, 2014
- Roll Call, "House Republicans Put 36 Recruits ‘On the Radar’" accessed November 21, 2013
- NRCC Young Guns, "List," accessed March 20, 2014
- Elise Stefanik for Congress, "Release: Susan B. Anthony List Endorses Elise Stefanik in New York’s 21st District," accessed May 26, 2014
- Elise Stefanik for Congress, "Stefanik Campaign Announces Community and Business Leader Endorsements," accessed May 26, 2014
- Elise Stefanik for Congress, "Assemblyman Dan Stec endorses Elise Stefanik for NY-21," accessed May 26, 2014
- Time Warner Cable News, "Former V.P. candidate Paul Ryan to visit Watertown for Elise Stefanik," accessed May 26, 2014
- Adirondack Daily Enterprise, "Essex County supervisors favor Stefanik," accessed May 26, 2014
- Elise Stefanik for Congress, "Franklin County Conservative Party endorses Elise Stefanik," accessed May 26, 2014
- Elise Stefanik for Congress, "Republicans Officially Endorse Stefanik For Congress," accessed May 26, 2014
- Post Star, "SHE PAC endorses Stefanik," accessed May 26, 2014
- Syracuse, "Mitt Romney endorses Elise Stefanik for Congress in GOP primary," accessed May 27, 2014
- RightNOW Women PAC, "Elise Stefanik, NY-21," accessed June 3, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Elise Stefanik Summary Report," accessed April 28, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Elise Stefanik October Quarterly," accessed April 28, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Elise Stefanik Year-End," accessed April 28, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Elise Stefanik April Quarterly," accessed April 28, 2014
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |