|U.S. Senate, California|
|Bachelor's||University of California Los Angeles, 1984|
|Birthday||April 4, 1963|
|Place of birth||Bellflower,CA|
Emken's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Government Spending and Budget
- Excerpt: "I am committed to reducing the size and cost of government, reducing the publicly held debt and lowering taxes."
- Economic Growth
- Excerpt: "Small and large American businesses will lead us out of the economic downturn, not more government spending. We must provide our business community the tools needed to grow the economy."
- Accountability in Washington
- Excerpt: "Our elected representatives should have the courage and discipline to properly manage the Nation’s finances without the force of law. Sadly, they don’t. Because of the severity of the crisis, I support a balanced budget amendment movement. The momentum behind this movement will serve to let Congress know the people are serious about debt reduction."
- 2nd Amendment
- Excerpt: "I support the 2nd Amendment and oppose any attempts to weaken it."
- Definition of Marriage / Family Issues
- Excerpt: "I agree with the majority of Californians on this issue: I support traditional marriage."
Emken ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. Senate, representing California. She and incumbent Dianne Feinstein (D) advanced past the June 5, 2012, blanket primary, defeating David Alex Levitt (D), Nak Shah (D), Diane Stewart (D), Mike Strimling (D), John Boruff (R), Oscar Alejandro Braun (R), Greg Conlon (R), Colleen Shea Fernald (D), Rogelio Gloria (R), Dan Hughes (R), Dennis Jackson (R), Dirk Konopik (R), Donald Krampe (R), Robert Lauten (R), Al Ramirez (R), Nachum Shifren (R), Orly Taitz (R), Rick Williams (R), Gail Lightfoot (L), Kabiruddin Karim Ali (Peace and Freedom), Marsha Feinland (Peace and Freedom), and Don Grundmann (Independent). They faced off in the November 6, 2012, general election. Feinstein won.
Candidates for Congress are required to file up to seven main reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2012 elections season. Below are Emken's reports.
|Elizabeth Emken  Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 14, 2012||$33,441.64||$262,310.36||$(43,748.43)||$252,003.57|
|Pre-Primary||May 24, 2012||$252,003.57||$28,658.00||$(254,742.38)||$25,919.19|
|July Quarterly||July 14, 2012||$25,919.19||$59,088.80||$(58,254.39)||$26,753.60|
Emken and her husband, Craig Swartz, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Elizabeth + Emken + California + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- CNN "Mississippi Senate Race - 2012 Election Center"
- Campaign website, Issues
- Certified list of candidates
- Unofficial election results
- FEC Reports "Elizabeth Emken Summary Reports" Accessed August 20, 2012
- FEC Reports "April Quarterly" Accessed August 20, 2012
- FEC Reports "Pre-Primary" Accessed August 20, 2012
- FEC Reports "July Quarterly" Accessed August 20, 2012
- Project Vote Smart biography