|U.S. House, Connecticut, District 5|
|Connecticut House of Representatives, representing the 103rd District|
She is a member of the Cheshire Public Library Board, Legal Advisor to the Connecticut League of Women Voters Consensus Project, Chair of the Board of Trustees for the First Congregational Cheshire, lay member of the Committee on Ministry New Haven Association of the United Church of Christ, and a member of the Parent-Teacher Association.
While a member of the Connecticut House of Representatives, Esty served on the following committees.
Esty is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Connecticut's 5th District. Esty won the nomination on the Democratic ticket.  The signature filing deadline was June 12, 2012. The primary date was August 14, 2012. Esty defeated Christopher Donovan and Dan Roberti in the Democratic primary.
Esty ran for re-election to the 103rd District seat in 2010. She was defeated by Al Adinolfi (R) in the November 2 general election.
On November 4, 2008, Esty won election to the Connecticut House of Representatives from Connecticut's 103rd District, defeating Al Adinolfi (R). Esty received 6,088 votes in the election while Adinolfi received 5,867 votes. Esty raised $30,525 for her campaign; Adinolfi raised $30,000.
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 103|
|Elizabeth Esty (D)||6,088|
|Al Adinolfi (R)||5,867|
|Elizabeth Esty (2012) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2012||$576,541.45||$367,243.63||$(124,720.98)||$819,064.10|
|Pre-Primary||May 2, 2012||$819,064.10||$67,375.22||$(85,364.53)||$801,074.79|
As of July 10, 2012 Esty raised more than $340,000 in the second quarter and had $900,000 cash-on-hand.
Listed below is the largest contributor to Elizabeth Esty's 2008 campaign.
- Job creation and economic growth
- Clean and affordable energy
- Fiscal responsibility and protecting taxpayers
- Protecting seniors
- Affordable, quality health care
- Clean environment
- Quality education
- Foreign policy and national security
- Marriage equality and equal rights
- Women's rights
- Elizabeth Esty's Campaign Website
- Elizabeth Esty's Twitter Account
- Elizabeth Esty's Facebook Page
- Connecticut House Democrats - Rep. Elizabeth Esty
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- AP Results "U.S. House primary election results" Accessed August 14, 2012
- Elizabeth Esty for Congress "Biography" Accessed February 15, 2012
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Esty
- Litchfield County Times "Wife of DEP Commissioner May Get in Fifth District Race (WEB FIRST)" Accessed December 2, 2011
- ctmirror.org "After state House loss, Esty bouncing back with run for Congress," July 19, 2011
- My Record Journal "Donovan talks to Esty: A step toward unity in 5th District?" Accessed August 28, 2012
- Connecticut House official election results for 2008
- District 103 Connecticut House candidate funds, 2008
- FEC Reports "Elizabeth Esty Summary Reports" Accessed July 11, 2012
- FEC Reports "April Quarterly" Accessed July 11, 2012
- FEC Reports "Pre-Primary" Accessed July 11, 2012
- The Hill "Esty raises $340K for Conn. House primary" Accessed July 11, 2012
- Elizabeth Etsy for Congress "Biography" Accessed December 21, 2011
|Connecticut State House District 103
| Succeeded by|