Elk Rapids School District Operating Tax Levy Renewal Proposal (May 2013)
This measure authorized the Elk Rapids School District to renew an operating property tax levy of 20 mills ($20 per $1,000 fo assessed valuation) for 10 years. The estimated first year revenue from this tax is $7,345,000.
|Elk Rapids School District Proposal|
- These results are from Antrim County elections office.
- Election results for Grand Traverse and Kalkaska Counties are not yet available. Check back later for updated results.
Text of measure
Language on the ballot:
|“||This proposal will allow the school district to continue to levy the statutory rate of 18 mills on all property, except principal residence and other property exempted by law, required for the school district to receive its revenue per pupil foundation allowance. The remaining 2 mills are only available to be levied to restore millage lost as a result of the reduction required by the "Headlee" amendment to the Michigan Constitution of 1963 and will only be levied to the extent necessary to restore that reduction.
Shall the currently authorized millage rate limitation on the amount of taxes which may be assessed against all property, except principal residence and other property exempted by law, in Elk Rapids Schools, Antrim, Grand Traverse and Kalkaska Counties, Michigan, be renewed by 20 mills ($20.00 on each $1,000 of taxable valuation) for a period of 10 years, 2014 to 2023, inclusive, to provide funds for operating purposes; the estimate of the revenue the school district will collect if the millage is approved and levied in 2014 is approximately $7,345,000 (this is a renewal of millage which will expire with the 2013 tax levy)?
- May 7, 2013 ballot measures in Michigan
- Antrim County, Michigan ballot measures
- Grand Traverse County, Michigan ballot measures
- Kalkaska County, Michigan ballot measures
- Michigan SoS Public Ballot Search
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |