|New York State Assembly District 95|
|2007 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||7|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Brooklyn College, 1965|
|Master's||Fordham University, 1980|
|Place of birth||Brooklyn, NY|
Jaffee's professional experience is as an educational consultant and teacher with Ponoma Middle School.
Jaffee earned a BA from Brooklyn College and a MS in special education from Fordham University. She and her husband, Steven, have two children; Marc and Allison.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Jaffee has been appointed to the following committees:
- Children and Families Committee, New York State Assembly
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York State Assembly
- Higher Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Local Governments Committee, New York State Assembly
- Mental Health Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Jaffee served on the following committees:
- Children and Families Committee, New York Assembly
- Consumer Affairs and Protection Committee, New York Assembly
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York Assembly
- Higher Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Local Governments Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Jaffee is running in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 97. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. She is also running on the Working Families Party ticket. Joseph T. Gravagna ran unopposed in the Republican primary; he is also running on the Conservative Party ticket. Both candidates are also running in the Independence Party of New York State primary. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012. 
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Jaffee ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. She defeated Thomas Morr (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, she was also listed as a candidate of the Independence Party of New York State, and Working Families Party.
|New York State Assembly, District 95 2010|
|Ellen Jaffee (D)||20,702|
|Thomas Morr (R)||13,241|
On November 4, 2008 Jaffee won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 95. She ran unopposed.
Jaffee raised $88,381 for her campaign.
|New York State Assembly, District 95 2008|
|Ellen Jaffee (D)||32,850|
In 2010, Jaffee received $69,945 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ellen Jaffee's campaign in 2010|
|New York State United Teachers||$3,800|
|Eleanor Roosevelt Legacy Cmte||$2,000|
|Commercial Site Management||$1,387|
|New York State Nurses Association||$1,375|
|Total Raised in 2010||$69,945|
In the 2008 election, Jaffee raised a total of $88,381.
Her five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|New York State United Teachers||$4,450|
|Friends of Sheldon Silver||$3,800|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$3,000|
|Eleanor Roosevelt Legacy CMTE||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Ellen + Jaffee + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Assembly - Rep. Ellen Jaffee
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2002
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Jaffee
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|New York Assembly - District 95
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |