|U.S. House, California, District 24|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||27|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 4, 1986|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Mayor, City of Simi Valley|
|Bachelor's||University of California, Los Angeles (did not graduate)|
|Birthday||March 7, 1944|
|Place of birth||Huntington Park, California|
|Profession||Real Estate Broker, Politician|
Below is an abbreviated outline of Gallegly's academic, professional and political career:
- 1980-1986: Mayor, Simi Valley, California
- 1983: Chair, Ventura County, California, Association of Governments
- 1987-Present: U.S Representative from California
Gallegly serves on the following committees:
- Foreign Affairs Committee, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Europe and Eurasia
- Subcommittee on the Western Hemisphere
- Judiciary Committee
- Subcommittee on Courts, Commercial and Administrative Law
- Subcommittee on Immigration Policy and Enforcement, Chair
Percentage voting with party
The website OpenCongress tracks how often members of Congress vote with the majority of the chamber caucus. According to the website, Elton Gallegly has voted with the Republican Party 94.8% of the time, which ranked 37 among the 242 House Republican members as of 2011.
Gallegly has announced that he will not seek re-election in 2012 and will instead retire.
|U.S. House, California District 24 General Election, 2010|
|Republican||Elton Gallegly Incumbent||59.9%||144,055|
|Democratic||Timothy J. Allison||40.1%||96,279|
Gallegly won re-election to the U.S. House in 2010. During that election cycle, Gallegly's campaign committee raised a total of $783,257 and spent $811,194.
His top 5 contributors between 2009-2010 were:
|U.S. House, California District 24, 2010 - Elton Gallegly Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$178,734|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$167,586|
|Top contributors to Elton Gallegly's campaign committee|
|Paul & Hanley||$11,650|
|National Assn of Home Builders||$10,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Elton + Gallegly + California + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this official due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Elton+Gallegly+California+House&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Elton Gallegly News Feed
Gallegly and his wife, Janice, have four children.
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- Biographical Director of the United States Congress "Elton W. Gallegly," Accessed November 6, 2011
- U.S. Rep. Elton Gallegly, 24th Congressional District, Venture County & Santa Barbara County, California "About Elton"
- OpenCongress "Voting With Party"
- "GOP congressman who complained of Calif. redistricting process won’t seek re-election", washingtonpost.com, January 7, 2012
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- Open Secrets "Elton Gallegly 2010 Election Cycle," Accessed November 6, 2011
|U.S. House - California, District 24
| Succeeded by|
|Mayor, City of Simi Valley
| Succeeded by|